Large Scale Central

Aristo Classic (Delton) roof removal

I wanted to remove the roof of one of my Aristo Classics in order to make a battery car. So I peeked inside with a pen light and found no fasteners.

Crap, I says. It’s prolly glued on. I didn’t see any glue ooze either. So I says what the hay, lets try to pull it off. grabbing ahold of the box car I gripped the end of the roof with my other hand and pulled real hard. (Basically all of my 70 year old arm strength. :slight_smile: )

It popped right off!!! Apparently the paint held it on. So I took a file to the inside edge of the box car and smoothed it all up, cleaned up the under side groove on the roof. And now it removes without any effort.

Just in case any one, like Jon, would want to know.

Yup - They make a pretty good trail car. Mine has room for a big speaker, sound board, RC board, Receiver, control swithces and two LiIon batteries…

A “control car” works great for the smaller lokies. I put the speaker close to the tender or engine, and you can’t tell it is not in the engine.

I have made up several, including hoppers and loaded gondolas. A generic small engine sound system and you have everything you need.

I made my control systems modular so I can move them from car to car, as needed.