Large Scale Central

2017 ECLSTS

I thought I would check the website after booking our motel, and was shocked by Harry Hartman’s posting. There is no date so I don’t know when posted. Harry is courageously fighting Pancreatic Cancer, and is giving up the show. He has turned it over to Dan at Star Hobby. Go to eclsts.com to read The note from Harry.

Prayers for Harry, and let’s support Star Hobby to run the 2017 Show. I would hate to see the show fold.

Well that sucks, all the best to Harry.
We already have plans to attend the show so hopefully it will go on.

Thank you Lou for bringing this catastrophe to our notice. This year has been one of loss and near loss for me and the bad news about Harry comes on top of it all.

I hope the treatment that Harry mentions is successful, he has been a good friend to many over time and not just you folk in the States. I will get in touch with him and I know that many will keep him in their thoughts and prayers.

http://www.eclsts.com/dates.html

I. for one, would hate to see this show fold. Maybe I’m being selfish, but it is my one chance a year to visit with the people from this website. I would miss that greatly.

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Lou Luczu said:

I. for one, would hate to see this show fold. Maybe I’m being selfish, but it is my one chance a year to visit with the people from this website. I would miss that greatly.

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Same here Lou

Prayers for Harry.

I’m with you, Lou and Dave. To me, the drag and brag is the best part of going to the show.

Hopefully, I’ll see everyone there.

Maybe somebody in the group that lives in, or within 50 miles of York, could arrange a “Reunion Party” at the Old Holiday Inn (I forget the new name) for the Saturday evening, and we could all spread the word, and book our rooms for one night…IF THE SHOW DOES NOT HAPPEN

Wow, how sad. I Have never meant Harry personally, but am very grateful for his contribution to our hobby. I’ve seen far too many people I know battling the “big C” lately and it is never good, even when they do beat it. My thoughts and prayers will certainly be with Harry. Yes Fred, if things fall apart with the show it will be up to us as a group to pick up the torch. I have hope that Dan can step up and take the reigns, and the next time I need something I’ll be looking to thank him with my business.

• Based on this, it does not appear that ECLSTS is CANC'd.

Picture

The dates for the next East Coast Larger Scale Train Show is:

MARCH 24 & 25, 2017

NEWSFLASH *********
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
TIME TO TELL THE WORLD AND GIVE IT UP. TIME TO MOVE ON.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING SOME OF MY PERSONAL NOTES YOU HAVE SEE THAT I HAVE DEVELOPED PANCREATIC CANCERI HAVE BEEN TO HOPKINS, MORGANTOWN, WV AND A COUPLE OTHER PLACES. THERE IS NO SENSE DRAGGING THIS ON FURTHER. I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THE 2017 EAST COAST LARGER SCALES TRAIN SHOW.

My latest proceadure or time line will be I am to have 4 months of KEMO to see if we can shrink the tumor, and/or build up some more strength in my body. If we can shrink theturmo and get some more strength, i will be scheduling surgery about the time the show begins. I have informed Dan Veiga of this Action. I willl start forwarding all ECLSTS communications to him. I am very sorry to have to jump ship in the middle of the stream BUT my healthis more important than this train show.

If you are a vendor and NEED an application, Call Dan atStar Hobby or click on this link to PRINT out one
http://www.eclsts.com/exhibitors-registration-form.html

Thank you for your support over the years, your friendship, and your fellowship. It have been a GREAT ride together. Hopefully I can BEAT this and see you at the 2018 show.

I am pretty sure that Dan will need some help pulling the 2017 show together for you so dont hesitate to offer some help. This coming weeks I will be sending him my vendors paperworkand other important show paperwork.

Again I will start forwarding show info to him next week and if you feel the need to send me any personal notes, you can US Mail them to my private mailing address, Harry Hartman, 59 Buser Street, Ridgeley, WV, 26753.

your prayers, thoughts, and blessings are always appreciated

Harry and Kathy Hartman

Due to popular requests, we are ADDING O GAUGE TRAINS to the Large Scale List.   We are letting O Gauge dealers buy space at this OPEN TO THE PUBLIC SHOW!  

A Vendors list will be published around March 1, 2017.

I called “Dan” at Star Hobbies. THE ECLSTS IS “DEFINITELY” ALIVE AND WELL…I suggested to him to drop in here and bring everyone up-to-date.

My room is booked, can’t wait to see everyone.

Dang, my class in Annapolis next spring is the preceeding week so I am busy until noon Saturday in maryland!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)

Just went to book my room at the Wyndham, and they dont have any rooms for Friday night. Ugh. Best Western down the street, I guess.

Bob,

Made reservation on the 14th no problem. I suggest you call the hotel direct at 717-767-1973.

Kevin

Did. Plenty of rooms for Thursday night, none for Friday. Ill keep calling to see if they get any cancellations.

Bob, did you say you were booking for the train show, they have a group of rooms blocked.

When I called the hotel yesterday afternoon and asked for reservations, I got kicked to the national Wyndham rez line, and they said there were no rooms for Friday. But after talking (again) to the local person at the York Wyndham and mentioning “train show,” a room opened up. As Nico said, there’s a reserved block of rooms apparently.

We are not worried, plenty of hotels will gladly take our money in that area.

Oh yea, I could stay at that dive, Super 8, again…NOT!

I have other choices, and I will make mine when I get confirmation that I can take the days off from work necessary for me to be there. Unless my company will have me out there for training during the show again, but that is too much to hope for.