Large Scale Central

Lets see your MOW equipment

I was thinking about the picture of the UP geo car and about other interesting prototype MOW equipment out there. I am curious what strange MOW equipment our members have modeled. I know Craig is working on the cool snow dozer and deep in my bucket list is a Jordan Spreader. I know we have rotary snow plows and cranes and work cars. So lets see them. I am curious what unique odd ball stuff is out there.

One of ours is a Animated Track Cleaning Maint. of Way.

With the plow and springs loaded wings, It knocks off the leaves and has track cleaning wiper for the track cleaning.

LED head light added from a 9 v batt.

Also, has a animated flagman view worker to help the Engineer on debris.

See Video from our How to old fri. night shows.

Time line 2:04 to 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4RUzDazwpw

Also Time line 0 to 2:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEw94cx9RU

One of my favorites, an Aristo 1:22 scale Diesel crane changed to a 1:20 scale steam crane and it’s boom car.

Maybe I can find a couple more

Rick

Oh yea, my tool and repair car started life as a Phil’s Narrow Gauge kit but morphed a little.

Rick

Hey Devon,

Some of these MOW pieces might keep a model maker off the streets fer a while :smiley:

All I’ve done is a flanger though! But I hope to take on a derrick next.

===>Cliffy

My depressed center “Cat car” scratch built.

Rick

And here is my fire patrol rail truck for the South Fork Timber Co. It started life as a North East Narrow Gauge kit but like most things on this railroad it morphed into something different. The electric motor is under the hood and a drive shaft runs to the differential at the rear. Vehicles like this were used to follow the log trains through the woods in the summer time to check for and extinguish any spot fires started by the locomotive.

This particular vehicle has seen a lot of use and abuse by my railroad year of 1939 and is not totally dependable, in fact, the boys down at the shops named the poor old girl “Flattery” as it will generally get you no where.

Hey thanks for starting the topic, it has been fun digging up these old pictures out of the abandoned"Freight Shed"

Rick

GREAT work guys!

I’m rather proud of my custom stuff too such as this MAC speeder

My Blower car.

A Steam donkey.

I have also built a rotary plow, a firefighting car, a copy of a LGB 8 axle heavy duty flat, and my latest that has only yet been tested a track drying car that uses 3 paint rollers that follows behind a track cleaning car. Most of my MOW equipment really does work on the RR

Image result for lawn mowers

Oops wrong MOW equipment

Click for a larger view

Snow plow. Still not 100% finished

Click for a larger view

Work Caboose and fire car

Click for a larger view

OK Devon

This is new to my pike the LGB track cleaning engine.

Here is the rotary (The Beast) working

Here it is when Rooster was over…

Next up is the leaf blower …

And lastly we have the plow

The crane is in the shop , I also have two track man 2000’s and a couple Aristo track cleaning cabeeses…

Great stuff guys. Forgot about the leaf blowers. Some excellent modeling in that bunch of stuff.

Don’t forget they’re working MOW equipment! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Why do I smell another Devon tangent blowing in the breeze?

I thought that was halloween candy!

Later,

K

Rick Marty said:

Oh yea, my tool and repair car started life as a Phil’s Narrow Gauge kit but morphed a little.

Rick

I have a Bachmann lil hauler combine that I have been trying to decide what to do with. I was thinking some kind of doodlebug but a work car similiar to this one would be great. This is a cool car.

David Maynard said:

Why do I smell another Devon tangent blowing in the breeze?

Oh someday for sure I will build an entire MOW consist. But not anytime soon. Not anytime in the near future. OK maybe. . .Well probably. . .no I have other stuff to do first.

Oh Ya what happen here?

Devoning again