Large Scale Central

Good news for the fans of the SR&RL RR -

in 7/8th scale, anyhow. And I know that Mr Schade will be interested here.

Accucraft have announced in their newsletter the intention to make one of the Sandy River Forneys - prolly the Stephenson valve-gear version in this large scale. The UK price is going to be around the £3000 mark, but you can expect it to be somewhat less than that.

tac

OVGRS

Tac,

It’s a project of Jason Kovacs at the Train Dept. SR&RL #6. He took the prototype to the Narrow Gauge Convention - I’ll see if I can find the pics.

http://www.thetraindepartment.com/accucraft-live-steam/accucraft-american-1-13-7/

Ah, old news, then. Sorry about that. Do you want I should pull the post?

tac

OVGRS

I don’t see why. It hasn’t been talked about. Here’s the pic from Maine early last month of Jason and the pre-production pilot model.

Can SOMEBODY please tie these threads up? My head is starting to hurt.

tac

OVGRS

JASON told me that he had just gotten this prototype model shipped to him from accucraft in china. apparently they had only a few days to get it built and ready to ship. there were some problems due to the quick turnaround in China like missing set screws in the eccentrics. He did run the prototype on my line. unfortunately I didnt get any video of it. he has taken the model back to his shop and corrected some of the issues and revewed the model to get it up to the production model up to quality he is looking for. it will be an impressive beast when complete and i am certainly looking forward to seeing it back on Maine rails.

Ah, thanks to whoever sorted out the double-threadedness, however that happened…?

It’s a fine-looking loco alright, just the thing to haul your beautiful caboose and stuff.

UK price is going to be £2995 - right now that’s just over four big ones in dollars US and a whopping $20,965 in dog money…Azoy!

Yet again, the Brit lover of US steam gets stiffed…

tac

OVGRS

tac, live steam is beyond my means too. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

David - the last live-steamer I bought cost just $500. My days of big spend on toys is long past.

tac

OVGRS

ive been saving upfor this one…as you might imagine!

I wish I could afford this one. Like tac my spending on live steam in that price range wont happen for a long time. Im glad I got the Climax when I did.

Eric,

You HAVE to have that loco for your exquisite linear railway! It would look well on yours too Shawn.

I love 7/8 as you know but am sticking to the smaller (sometimes whimsical) industrial stuff. Jason told me that appropriate rolling stock would be 40" long! Years ago I shared a room at Diamondhead with Dave Graley who brought a flat car and box car that he had built in 7/8, the first I had seen in that scale. To my eyes that flat could have been used as a skateboard! It hit me again last month in Augusta on the 7/8 portable.

Heck, I’m still amazed at the size of my EBT #12 in 1:20 and the length of the appropriate early hopper train I’m constructing. On the other hand with 10’ radius curves… Just need to grow a scale sized forest.

Have fun,

Tom

Ah, thanks to whoever sorted out the double-threadedness, however that happened…?

Tac, I just hit the “REPORT” button and asked Bob to sort them out. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Azoy! I just never thought of that. Worked though, eh?

tac

OVGRS