Large Scale Central

Cabin Fever 2016

The Cabin Fever Expo event took place last weekend at the expo center in Lebanon, PA about 30 min east of Harrisburg, PA

It is a model engineering show, quite a remarkable event, showcasing mostly metal work such as model steam engines, RC boats, trucks, machine tools and machinery, suppliers and vendors, etc. Quite a great time

http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/

I was there with the Aikenback steamers group, and really enjoyed myself.

I have posted a photo album for your enjoyment

https://picasaweb.google.com/112292803839036093625/CabinFever2016LebanonPA

Regards

Jerry

Great pics Jerry, Thanks.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Great pics. Sorry I missed it!

Did I see a 7/8n2 Fairymead with a pair of huge coaches?

Great pictures. wish I was able to attend. Ill be at Scranton in February.

Pete Thornton said:

Great pics. Sorry I missed it!

Did I see a 7/8n2 Fairymead with a pair of huge coaches?

Yes you did Peter. It was my Fairymead with two of Carl Malone’s coaches and my scratch built Jamaica Royal Rum tank car followed by my knock off of a Rob Bennet’s way car.

Noel

Great slide show!

Gents, Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the photos, I not only had a great time but learned much from my steaming friends

Regards

Jerry

Did Micro Fasteners have a well stocked stand this year?

If they did please lie to me and tell me they didn’t !

OK Rooster, they were not even there. Feel Better?

The reality is, I checked the vendor list before the show and they were not listed, so I did not bring my list, think about what I needed, etc…

Then I got there and across the room, guess what? Yeah…

I just got #0 washers and the useful little kit of all the wrenches you need to tighten their line of mini bolts.

I have a huge amount of fasteners left over from my recent build of Surry Parker Log Loader, that should carry me through for a while

Jerry

Great photos!! Many thanks for posting…show how much REAL modelling of ALL kinds goes on in the USA - I would have dearly loved to have been there.

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS

PS - forgot to mention those superb models of the WoNA ironclads!

tac- Thanks, I am glad you liked the photos. You are correct, the skills displayed there as models of all sorts were incredible. A truly unique show.

Perhaps you can make it some time, well worth it.

Jerry

Jerry, I remember taking a visitor from Germany around the annual Model engineering Exhibition held here at the Alexandra Palace. He was literaly speechless in amazement to see a model of a V12 Ferrari engine that started up and ran to 9000 rpm. All in 1/5th scale. The show is a remarkable reminder that EVERY single item there was made by the hand of the craftsman, and trust me, there were machines there of unbelievable complexity that actually worked exactly like the originals did or do.

I’m in awe of folks with skills like those show at exhibitions like this.

tac

Ottawa Valley GRS