Large Scale Central

Railbox Roof weathered

Yep, started another project. I guess I can’t have too many going on at once. lol.

Started weathering the Railbox roof last night.

I got it finished. I like how it looks inside. I guess we’ll see what the natural light outside brings. I know how that’s gone in the past. lol.

Eh, it looks o.k. outside. The natural light kinda of washes the colors out. They aren’t as dark as I though they would be.

Matt, the roof looks good… Not everything is so drastically weathered…

A little dirt and dust on the ends and lower sides and you’re done. The roof looks good. It looks like oxidized paint in the photos.

Looking good.

There is a big difference from inside to outside but it could also be your camera. The yellow looks brighter outdoors.

You go cuz!

thanks guys!!

Yeah, this one won’t be a rust bucket. I just wanted some signs of use. I’m going to leave the roof alone and run the car in a train. That should give me a better idea of what it will look like.

Here’s a sneak peak at one of the sides. Tried my luck at making one just look dirty and used. I’m curious to see what this looks like outside tomorrow. I’ll post more pictures later. :wink:

Just to add to this post, in our part of the World this time of year there is an emphasis on hunting. This brings a heavy marketing of camouflage paint in spray cans. All drab or flat colors and used lightly can add splashed mud, plus dulling colors when sprayed low on a raised model and from a distance of as much as 4 feet away. Experiment, you really can’t go wrong.

Here’s the car outside. I like how it turned out!

All the weathering on this is done with powders. I didn’t use any paint. I’ve been using Bragdon’s weathering powders, plus some homemade powders. That’s many, many layers. I apply a little. Then shoot it with clear. Then repeat until it got dirty looking. :smiley:

The spot in the top left on the one side was an ooops. I thought the clear was dry and grabbed the car. Well, it wasn’t. It smudged that area. So, I had to make it a light rust spot. Oh well. My own fault for not being patient. lol.

Matt, Car looks fantastic… When you think you’ve had enough practice, come on over, I have a couple of cars you can work on… hehehe… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Heres a picture of RBOX 32124 . Its the closest number I could find of your car . You would have to order decals in yellow instead of black. Quite extreem fading on this one.RBOX 32124

Thanks Andy! Ya know I would, but you would just run them through the washrack and clean them back up. hahaha.

Thanks Mike. I’ll have to save that for another time!