Large Scale Central

Great Trains - Passenger Cars

Hey gang. I know there are lots of peoples interested in the Great Trains brand, while looking for some part for the LGB Streamliners, I also saw listings for at least a C&O/Chessie as well as a Burlington Northern observation cars. I have NO relation to these ads, just thought someof my fellow railroaders might be interested.

-Jason

I have quite a few of the passenger cars as well as the proto Superliners; at ECLSTS a few years back I picked up the DRG&W diesel and 2 cars for less than $200. I was quite surprised to see the brandnew pieces, never found out where they came from or who made them.

Looked up my stickies; it was Sept 2011 and I was told to contact Chris Smith at Nicholas Smith (they were also selling)-never follwed up after the show when I had to leave early.

I’ve wondered what happened to the molds for Great Trains, They had a F-7 and an E-9 also. Liked those engines. I have a couple of F-7’s but that is it. I find their passenger cars to be a little short, so use my MTH one’s, since they are 1/32 also. Ray Shoop was a big Great Trains fan and tracked down a lot of obscure stuff, sadly Ray is no longer with us. He never could track down the molds either.