Large Scale Central

USA Trains crane

Has anyone heard if they have any plans to reissue the 25 ton crane car they used to have?

I’d highly doubt it. They had them in-stock and for sale long after production ended. I don’t think they have re-run any of the American series.

Keep an eye on eBay and other sources. They aren’t particularly rare.

I did check there and for now all I see are the caboose car for it but not the crane it self. What scale was it?i did set a search to notify me.

Just answered my own question. 1/24

Keep an eye on Ebay. Pretty much everything comes a round and in spurts. When you see one crane there will be a few more that follow. Finding one for a deal will be a tougher problem because they hold their value and are popular.

If you see and want the caboose tender for it in the road name you like at a good price you should grab it.

There is a C+S crane on Ebay now.

The link wasn’t working but type this into your ebay search bar. It is $39.00 right now.

USA-Trains-R1867-C-S-Industrial-Brown-hoist-25-Ton-Locomotive-Crane-Metal-Wheels

Already got it on my watch. Thanks.

They list the scale of the crane as 1/24. However it is closer to 1:22.5 since it matches the width of LGB, Hartland, and Bachmann (Big Haulers) perfectly.

The old Aristo Classic line is 1/24 as they are not as wide as the lines mentioned above. Aristo 1/24 stuff matches well with Delton and MDC…and I believe some of the newer Piko offerings.

The USA Trains crane is a great piece of rolling stock. The crane is operational (manual). You can raise and lower the hook as well as the crane arm.

I have one (D&RGW). You can see it in the bottom left of this photo of my layout…if you look closely I think there is a fly on it too. Even a fly likes the cool crane:

What scale is the fly? Could pass as a strange bird or some sci-fi creature from the lagoon.

If the one on E bay is the one Matt is showing with the optional fly accessory, goes for $39.00, that will be a good price. Twice that might be an acceptable price, if you really wanted it.

Just convert it to 1:20 scale steam!