Large Scale Central

2015 1:29 manufacturers new product wishlist

2015 is coming fast and here’s what I would like to buy in 2015. I put them in two categories:

A) Minor Manufacturer investment (Mould already exist, etc)

1. A brown Rock Island PS-1 40’ boxcar. Later-paint blue ones are available but I think that Aristo, USA and AML never made an earlier version brown one.

2. A brown Rock Island 50’ boxcar.

3. USA trains streamlined passenger baggage cars. ATSF, UP, and maybe others … I just want to get some to create a Postal train.

4. Aristo (Polk GenerationeXt) heavyweight passenger baggage car. Yes, for the same reasons as above.

B- Major Manufacturer investment (Engineering, mould creation, etc)

1. 53’6’’ gundolas

And you?

Anything not NOS, or a repaint, or a reissue???

Yves Belanger said:

. . .
3) USA trains streamlined passenger baggage cars. ATSF, UP, and maybe others … I just want to get some to create a Postal train.

1. Aristo (Polk GenerationeXt) heavyweight passenger baggage car. Yes, for the same reasons as above.

. . .

Yves,
Not sure what you are dreaming about, but both USAT and Aristocraft make/made a full baggage car as well as the RPO and combine.

The USAT baggage car is in stock at Charles Ro.

I found the Aristo baggage on ebay, I’m sure some dealers have them.

Greg

Gunderson FrontRunner Flatcar and 1/29 van trailer. excellent TOFC for those with smaller pikes that a fuelfoiler 10 pack or 86/89 flats might be a big large…

Here’s a boring suggestion or two…

AML GP60 and SD9

Yes, I know they are already announced, but I am just as excited to see them actually happen…please!!! I especially think there needs to be an RCRR SD9 some day!

Bring on the 1:29 revival…and bring back 1:29 live steam!

Jeff the day the SD9’s are available for pre-order, Robby will have two BN’s reserved.

Its rather a shame that Aristo never got around to making the SD9, as I felt their 3 axle power block was quite good. Hopefully AML will provide an equally good or better running power block.

I’m wondering if I should speak up with my dealer about the SD9 now? There’s no list of road names, but surely they will have that gray Southern Pacific scheme I always liked. (Once it gerts banged up a bit it will be repainted anyways).

John the Track Cleaner said:

Gunderson FrontRunner Flatcar and 1/29 van trailer. excellent TOFC for those with smaller pikes that a fuelfoiler 10 pack or 86/89 flats might be a big large…

My spines are close to the front runner and will work on 4’ curves and they accept available 1/35 trailers easily, yeah i know you said 1/29 trailers but they go on sale next Friday at tractor supply

second row from the left are the shorter intermodals, far left is 1/29 53’ all purpose

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10850043_612716998850984_2871973717475409411_n.jpg?oh=061912ad31b710b84729f39ca74c9671&oe=54FC2BE6&gda=1426905950_99ec9c83fd991fe290d955d97c97f80c)

the flat is an 89’ so is the uni max

btw front runners disappeared from railroads cause they tracked poorly on 1:1 railroads

the rack these are on are a PVC fence railing cut in half. the middle support is 45mm and can be used as track, i’m going to fill in the middles to simulate concrete and use this for an intermodal terminal with a mojack style crane

How about some re-runs of sold out favorites that sold well but ran out of stock before they ran out of customers.

Aisto RDC cars

Aristo GE-9 diesels

Heavyweight passenger cars

a couple of the old style steam locos that are getting scarce C-16 etc

Something never made - - a P-70 passenger car.

Bill

Some nice code 332 #6 switches that don’t cost you an arm and a leg.

Not that they would be on my list (way too new), but BNSF runs “intermodal tank cars” through our area. I don’t think that I’ve seen any of the large scale manufactures make these and obviously they would be in 1:29 scale.

Bill the C16 are in stock at Polk’s
Mike

Mike yea and the gosh awful (just kidding) yellow C16 is on sale at Trainworld. Of course I like the other one that Trainworld has on sale.

They also have heavy weights in stock. Later RJD

My $.02: The new technology of 3D-Printing is going to radically alter the G scale hobby. In the spectre of model railroading, we are the minority scale. If someone started a thread listing our favorite locomotives/what we want to have manufactured, the entries would pass 100 in 24 hours. The cost of molds, even at chinese prices, is a small fortune, and likely hard to justify with our diminishing customer base. The price of 3d equipment is improving and getting cheaper. Once someone markets an affordable scanner that develops a CAD file from a pilot model, the ice will break. Don’t expect a 1-29 B&O Hudson nor a PRR S-1 anytime soon.

Ed

Ed, I would agree. the safest route is to stick with the mainstream locomotives and rolling stock and leave the obscure for the craftsman and now printers.

I think USA Trains for the most part has stuck to that, even though I questioned the PA-1.

AML is getting me excited with possibility of having a Cadillac, and even though there are a ton of GP-60’s in secondary service in SoCal, I don’t think I will end up with one. (I still see them in my head as an expedited freight locomotive moving global commerce over Cajon Pass)

Folks like Mark will fill the gaps.

My wish is to have 1:29 manufacturers make more 1:20.3 stuff. That pipe dream aside, a Nickel Plate Road SD9 would be great followed by a NKP berkshire with maybe a NKP NE6 caboose or a bay window or maybe a 1000 series wood caboose…

Honestly I’d just be happy if they made anything.

T

Terry Burr said:

My wish is to have 1:29 manufacturers make more 1:20.3 stuff. That pipe dream aside, a Nickel Plate Road SD9 would be great followed by a NKP berkshire with maybe a NKP NE6 caboose or a bay window or maybe a 1000 series wood caboose…

Honestly I’d just be happy if they made anything.

T

I’ll second that last thought (not bothered about the NKP stuff though - sorry, Terry!)

Have you noticed that, since the Great Recession started, the manufacturers have retrenched and hardly announced any new products in the last few years? One even went under.

Bachmann have a new streetcar. USAT hasn’t done anything. LGB is a mess, and Piko is being so tentative (how many models can you make on one 0-6-0 chassis ? Stay tuned. . )

I dunno, I think the PA is a pretty locomotive. A bit large for my railroad though.

Pete, yea, and most of Piko’s American stuff are from old MDC/Roundhouse molds. So its a redo of a redo that was redone.