Large Scale Central

(Body) Weight Management

Dear All,

Two things came together the past few weeks.

First, I started playing “Daddy Garbage Disposal” to clear out our fridge of unsold county fair cafeteria food, causing me to become the heaviest I’d ever been.

Second, a promotional e-mail from a stock picking guru veered off stocks to weight management. (Link below.)

The method he suggests is simple and completely free, and will probably save you money on grocery bills.

Results?

1.) I’m losing better than a half-pound a day.

(Target: My weight when I was in High School.)

2.) I don’t have to take a nap after breakfast.

3.) I floss and brush my teeth at 8 p.m. when awake, not at 11:30 p.m. when I can hardly stand and keep my eyes open.

Here’s the ONE rule of the diet: Eat only between Noon and 8 p.m.

What I add: Leafy greens (salads, e.g.) are a really great food for losing weight. I’ve completely cut out cereals and have a big salad at noon. I also try to run errands on my bicycle when I can.

PM me for more details, total lost so far, etc.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/skipping-breakfast-your-ticket-to-fat-loss-and-more-energy-18708?FIELD9=1

Edit: Spelling

Good for you . Hang in there and never loose track of your goal.

This diet may well work for some , and I have no wish to be negative , but being Diabetic , for me and others with the same , breakfast is essential . I have had two frightening Hypos by missing breakfast inadvertently . Never again .

Mike Brit

Thanks for the encouragement, Allen.

Mike,

Do whatever you have to do to stay safe and healthy.

One of the suggestions in the discussions after the article says to “gradually delay (breakfast) until you are eating (your) first meal after 12 noon.”

Ask your doctor, but I would think you could just increase your monitoring frequency as you transition gradually.

NOTE to all: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. It’s your job to make sure your food is nutritionally balanced. YMMV.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

I too have lost a lot of weight in the past 2 years. But I didn’t diet. My territory at work changed, so instead of driving from call to call, I walk from call to call across downtown Pittsburgh. In tow, I have a dolly with my copier parts, laptop, tool bag and paperwork on it. I have gone from a size 40 waist to a size 36 waist. I do not own a scale, and I couldn’t care less what my actual weight is. But I am much happier with my body shape. I would still like to loose another 2 inches or so, but I refuse to give up my breakfast. My breakfast is one 24 ounce cup of coffee and 3 doughnuts, preferably creme filled. :wink:

Joe, Keep at it pal. You don’t need the extra weight putting a strain on your body. You can do it.

Congratulations Joe!!

I think I found some of that weight you have been losing.

Paul

My weight hasn’t changed in ten years. However, my waist size is inching up. As I get older I find my weight has redistributed itself. It’s kind of like your hair. It has a hard time resisting the force of gravity, so it takes the easy route out your ears and nose.

Joe ,

Seeing all the svelte looking people wandering around the world , I think you are to be commended for your article and advice .

It can take just a little nudge like your post has given to get people to do some navel gazing (that’s if they can see it) and start doing something about the very real threat to their health .

It really comes down to the simple fact , you have to overeat to put on fat .

Missing breakfast is a good start .

I hope some people here try your diet and keep us informed to show it can be done .

Mike Brit

Just an update,

I am halfway to my goal. (20 out of 40 pounds lost in 39 days.)

So, it can be done.

The weight came off rapidly at first, perhaps it had to do with enthusiasm, or it’s just exponential decay now leveling off.

“Being Stupid” and overeating on occasion (someone bought me a buffet ticket and I had to get my money’s worth…this carton of moose tracks ice cream might go bad in the freezer by next year. Ok, I’ll empty it…) sometimes causes “backward progress”.

Now trying to do pullups…less weight to pull up, you know…

Another tip: Get and stay out of the kitchen after your noon breakfast.

When you are riding your bike to the auto parts store or fixing cars out in the garage, your head is not stuck in the fridge or food pantry.

It might be helpful to weigh yourself just after 8pm.

This might discourage you from say, binging at 7:50pm.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe

Keep it up Joe , you’ll soon need smaller clothes !!!

Mike

Joe, keep at it pal, weez all rootin for ya.

Mike, yea. My fat cloths don’t fit me anymore, and the clothes I used to wear when I was thin don’t fit neither. I am between fat and thin.