Large Scale Central

I shoot.

Youtube

tac’s guns

Go look.

tac

Bang bang bang… Naaah, I like tac’s trains better… chugger chugger chugger.

Andrew

Mr. tac

thought of you:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/08/13/video-lr223-british-almost-semi-automatic-ar15/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2014-08-19&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Me too. I do some cowboy type shooting but that does not mean I don’t have some modern stuff.

My Tavor just arrived a month ago and just had to go to the range.

wepe.

tac

took my 19 yearold daughter for 2nd time to the range, she really got into it, bought a Browning Buckmark 22 and she shoots pretty well!

The kick on my 9 ml is to much for her, but she shot it 3 times this time.

The 1st time she posted all her pics on facebook of her shooting, and said i have never felt so empowered, music to my ears.

Tom h

Ruger 10/22 is my rifle of choice (especially with a custom barrel). Very accurate and little kick. She would probably love it.

Meanwhile, I can use my Crossman .177 pump pellet rifle for target practice in the back yard and take out varmits (if necessary) without disturbing the neighbors.

The Crossman is not bad and I can consistently hit a 2" spinning circle target at 50 feet.

I shot my 120 year old 1891 Mauser yesterday in a WW1 “Guns of August” match. It was fun. I came in 5th.

( AR-7 )

Funny Story;

My buddy and I bought a couple of 6 shooters, cap and ball.

Powder, wads and ball, we knew we couldn’t shoot ‘today’ but we could load, and load we did.

A week later, ear plugs in, feet firmly planted I draw, aim and fire and I watch my ball curve around the tree and drop…

I asked my more experienced bud if this is normal about the time he fired and the ball got stuck in the barrel!

We got the ball out with a stick, I fired off my remaining rounds; no power! Bud tried again and his rounds daisy chained themselves as several rounds fired (wet powder pffftts) without the cylinder revolving.

We cleaned and reloaded, never saw another ball leave the barrel, seems Lanolin in the wads affected the powder…given a week and warm weather…

Now I understand why an old shootist advised fresh loads every morning.

For general long range target practice my old 8mm Mauser is great.

John

I used to enjoy shooting back in the day but like so many other things it got expensive and life got in the way. It also didn’t help that I moved away from the gun club and friends grew up, got real jobs, got married and had kids. Oh well.
When I was active it was fun to shoot handguns, rifles, shotguns but my favorite was the ol percussion rifle and handguns. Good fun.

Here in UK I shoot about three times a week - my outdoor club range is only 8 miles away. We have almost 300 members, a thriving .22 match rifle team, practical shotgun, Bisley visits once a month and twelve guest days a year. I shoot rifle and handgun, black powder, centre-fire and rimfire, but not shotgun. I’m a UK NRA RCO, and rifle and pistol coach for able-bodied and handicapped beginners through expert, and have been shooting since age 6.

I don’t have any real favourites in my little collection of 18 rifles and handguns, but the Colt Walker is a heap of fun, and so too is shooting my Boer War captured carbine - I traced the original owner back to his place of birth, BTW.

I write on eleven gun-related fora in the USA, Canada, UK, RoI and RSA. I joined the real NRA on July 4th 1976, and I’m a life member.

You can see me shooting many of my guns on Youtube - tac’s guns, if you are interested. Snarky remarks about stuff will be ignored, BTW.

tac, banger and twanger.

Tac , I joined the Rifle Club on every base I was posted to . I really enjoyed it .

Leaving the Forces left a big gap in my hobby ; all I have now is a high power .22 which for reasons you will understand I can no longer handle .

My Son enjoys it though .

Mike

Mike, read the third line of my post above again, please, and PM me if you care to.

Best

tac
www.vcrai.com

PM wending its way up the A11 or A12 depending on traffic .

Mike

Mike - watch this - espescially from 1:04 on…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt_V2FtPRyc

The Norman Cross range here near Peterborough has all these facilities for the less able - many clubs are set up like this these days, able-bodied or diabled shooters compete on a level playing field. My Feinwerkbau P70 air rifle was formerly owned by the Paralymoic gold and silver medallist Matt Skelhon.

tac

Very interesting . I had not seen rifles like that before , but I suspect they would be a bit costly .

Thanks for the interest , I may have to ask a few questions of you .

Mike

Just got back from the range today. I just got a brand new Kel-Tech RFB. Another bull pup design but in something a bit more punch than 223. I took along the Tavor, and Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm carbine, the luger and broomhandle mauser for something interesting and just because I watched Boardwalk Empire last night the Thompson.

John Caughey said:

Now I understand why an old shootist advised fresh loads every morning.

John

It was Wild Bill Hickock who loaded his guns 2 times a day, even if he hadn’t fired them. In humid weather, powder can get “gummy” in no time at all. NEVER load your cap & ball guns before you go to the range. Keep the powder can closed tightly, and clean the gun after each trip to the range.

yep that was the moral…