Large Scale Central

May be doing a lot less kitbashing this summer

Two reasons, one I really seriously have to work on the harbor layout, namely finishing all the track and power systems and really seriously working on completing the backdrop and other tedious but necessary detail work. Which will mean lots of work but only a handful of pics.

Secondly I got extremely lucky on Fleabay in the last two months winning not one but two huge sailing boat models, both Heller kits the Pamir and the Pruessen. The Pamir was a famed iron four masted windjammer and the Pruessen at five fully rigged masts was the largest sailing vessel ever built. Big 1/150 kits, luckily I have a spot in mind that should accomodate both. But the Pamir goes first. Model boats was for years my hobby so this should be alot of fun when I m not hammering on the harbor layout.

:wink:

I’ve got the old Revell Cutty Sark in a big case. Sits in the barn now with a sheet over it. Just so big it made arranging around it difficult. In the house I have two wood ship models I made, one from a kit, the Essex I made from scratch. You can see them on my web page, scroll to the bottom and there is a link there.

I did a horrible job at the cutty sark as a kid. I like ship models but tend more towards sci fi. I have about 10 robotech models waiting and a millennium falcon.

Terry Burr said:

I did a horrible job at the cutty sark as a kid. I like ship models but tend more towards sci fi. I have about 10 robotech models waiting and a millennium falcon.

Robotech? Thats going way back. You should check out some of the newer Macross kits out there. They make those old Robotech look downright primitive. I built several of those Robotech kits from Bandai, even a scratchbuild Elite Seeker Valkyrie but I sold them all a few years ago.

Vic, I have a ship-in-the bottle “Passat,” which was “the gift” at the introduction of that particular Volkswagen sedan in 1988 or so. It’s the only nautical dust catcher on my den shelves, which hold lots of Porsche 911 models and my extra Bachmann rolling stock (ya can only fit so many railroad cars on a small living room oval).

BTW, shown below is what Wiki sez about my “boat.” Speaking of boats (talk about hijacking a thread), we were disembarking from a new Oceania cruise ship and encountered the CEO of the company. I said, “Nice boat.” And he says, “Thank you. But you know it’s a ship.” Then he says, do you know the difference between a boat and a ship? Boats cost money, ships make money."

Passat is a German four-masted steel barque and one of the Flying P-Liners, the famous sailing ships of the German shipping company F. Laeisz. The name “Passat” means trade wind in German. She is one of the last surviving windjammers.

Joe I was always told a “boat” was a hole in the water you tried to fill with money

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm, kinda like a garden railroad, but without the water? :slight_smile:

I have some of the Arii 1/100 robotech models, all veritechs. I also have some of the mospeada alphas (legios fighters/climbers) and a cyclone (genesis fighter). I keep trying to get the revell 1/72 super veritech in fighter mode but I get beat every time on fleabay. I’d also love to get a 1/100 or 1/72 model of a tomahawk destroid but I refuse to pay $100 for a $10 model. The newer japanese Macross models are way better but they aren’t cheap. Plus I’m not a fan of the new Macross designs, I mainly like the old veritechs & destroids.

Somewhere I also have a scad of Star Wars models too.