Forums Modeling Other Scales
  • Topic: Target Sig. for the yard.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 18, 2013 3:46 PM EDT
      • Rio Linda, Cal.

• Thanks

A buddy of mine dropped off an old W.P. Signal head that use to be yr's ago  on the east end of there train yard in Sacramento, Ca. It was given to him and he never had time or a place to put it so I repaired it and installed in our yard. 
      I found out it was easy to make it work and just set it up on a 6 inch PVC pipe low enough to work on and change the bulb. 
      Now I can change the Len color form Red to Green or White.." Not sure why they had White Lens for and not Yellow."  
      Hare are some photos of it.

Sig. head.

Installed Target.

Control Panel to change the Lens.

We made a make shift panel our of a Foldger coffee plastic can and 4 sq utility box that keep  control Switches. dry and easy to conceal in the bushes.

It was a lot of work, but it was a fun project to see a old Target Signal working again.  Be easy to set up with a motion detector to change the Lens too.
      I had to put in a small auto car bulb that came out of our truck glove box so not so darn bright and blind you as you want down the walk way. 
      It show on the Mfg. plate  "Max voltage 20 v. D/C.  So we are operating it on 12 v.. with no problem and still set bulb voltage in the head to 10 v.

This post was edited by Noel Wilson at August 18, 2013 4:01 PM EDT

Little Rio feather says...One leave train running here and takes a coffee break, may find Koi fishes checking out how deep an Engine can swim when the Swing Bridge is left open. It happen to Big Feather Tweedledum.... Burnt finger Nbr. SA#49
                 Our Video's

• August 18, 2013 4:07 PM EDT
      • East Brunswick, N J RRR#22

• Thanks

That is really nice!

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." - L. Frank Baum

Forums Modeling Other Scales

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google