Large Scale Central

Target Sig. for the yard

A buddy of mine dropped off an old W.P. Signal head that use to be yr’s ago on the east end of there train yard in Sacramento, Ca. It was given to him and he never had time or a place to put it so I repaired it and installed in our yard.
I found out it was easy to make it work and just set it up on a 6 inch PVC pipe low enough to work on and change the bulb.
Now I can change the Len color form Red to Green or White…" Not sure why they had White Lens for and not Yellow."
Hare are some photos of it.

Sig. head.

Installed Target.

Control Panel to change the Lens.

We made a make shift panel our of a Foldger coffee plastic can and 4 sq utility box that keep control Switches. dry and easy to conceal in the bushes.

It was a lot of work, but it was a fun project to see a old Target Signal working again. Be easy to set up with a motion detector to change the Lens too.
I had to put in a small auto car bulb that came out of our truck glove box so not so darn bright and blind you as you want down the walk way.
It show on the Mfg. plate "Max voltage 20 v. D/C. So we are operating it on 12 v… with no problem and still set bulb voltage in the head to 10 v.

That is really nice!