Large Scale Central

My wife pulled out my "trees"

Earlier this week before the rain and cold moved back in I had “sculpted” a small area of my RR with greenery. Ok the greenery was weeds that had grown up all over but to me they looked like little trees with yellow flowers on the top so I selectively pulled out the ones in the way and left others grouped into little groves. I thought it looked great and very picturesque.

Yesterday in between the rain showers I was out working on my new train yard area and my wife comes around the corner to check on my progress and she has a big clump of weeds in her hand. She had pulled out all my “trees”! and now the area looks like it’s the middle of winter again. She never weeds.

Iv’e been married long enough to know to hold my tongue.

Ahhh thanks dear.

Well Todd, the best part about weeds is that they will grow back :slight_smile:

We have some weeds that grow in the asphalt cracks along the road that I really think look pretty good. I’ve tried several times to transplant them over to the railroad, but they never take. I have been pretty lucky with volunteer Hemlocks - they are all over the place now with no help from me.

Thats OK Todd just look at it as a blessing, your wife is helping you on the railroad. My wife spent about two hours yesterday on our railroad pulling weeds and spreading Preen and she didn’t feel good. I helped her by getting the trash cans she wanted to put the weeds in. Then I sprayed the back yard and the rest of the layout with Round Up.

I dont think my wife even knows theres a railroad back there…let alone anything green…

My lovely bride once “helped” me clean up my shop. She put away, “somewhere safe,” about $800.00 worth of sound and R/C stuff. Of course she doesn’t remember where she put it. That was 4 years ago. I’ll probably find it when we clean out the house to move. Someday.

She asked if she could help me clean the shop, yesterday.

That was when the fight began.

:slight_smile:

Just kidding.