Large Scale Central

Tinplate Girl

This is VERY interesting site: http://tinplategirl.com/ From their homepage: At Tinplate Girl, we’re putting a new spin on what you can do with it. Here you can watch videos and learn all about tinplate and how to work with it, as well as find a lot of great projects to get you started making your own tinplate work! They have a lot of nice videos showing how to work with old cans or sheet metal. They also have plans for various projects, some of which are 1:20, others 7/8 scale. Here’s a step stool in 1:20

Or how about this ore car in 7/8?

No scale specified, but it could make for a nice model…

Nice find Bruce.

Well, I really can’t take credit. It was mentioned in Garden Railways. But, the videos are really good. They also sell tin in sheets if you don’t want to cut up cans. Micromark also sells sheets of tin - it’s a bit thinner and comes in smaller sheets than from TinplateGirl.

I thought it might be fun to tackle a metal project; now I just need to come up with the right subject matter.

Yea, she has some really neat projects, I found her site a year or so ago. Another cool skill I dont have time to learn!

Thanks for posting. I have been wanting to give tinplate a try. You can make same neat stuff.

That is 'way cool!

Who are we going to get to do our lithography? :stuck_out_tongue: