Large Scale Central

Neat thing - Already made mine out of acrylic and works good

This is from this month’s Garden Railways. My brother John has had this issue that this will alleviate: “the disadvantage to a ramp is that the pilot on most of the locomotives will hang up on the rail when sliding onto the track”. So… A handy tool for getting items back on track By Kevin Strong Published: April 22, 2011This particular ramp isn’t really a “ramp,” as that implies something sloping, allowing the cars to roll down it without so much as a bump. Instead, this “ramp” is more of a re-railing platform, in that it sits atop the rails. It still guides the wheels so that they drop neatly between the rails but they drop between the rails as opposed to rolling smoothly onto them. This isn’t a drawback—just a difference in design from typical re-railing ramps.

Nifty. I don’t get GR anymore, but from your picture and description it looks like an easy build, especially with my unlimited supply of 3mm PVC in small pieces :slight_smile:

This is my finished railer. It will be on it’s way up to Lake Arrowhead this friday for John Miller. I used Vader loco sled as test subject. Works like a charm. As you can see I made a few changes.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/jtmsmike/_forumfiles/railer.jpg)

Good job Mike. I might have to make one, with a handle/sides also. Be good for my Challenger.