Large Scale Central

September work on the Bluestone Southern

the picture below shows what the area to the right looked like before this weekend…

Below are Pictures of the finished work… New bridge abutments, and the dry creek established with a rock bed…

Below are shots of the work being done on the branchline heading out of Woodlawn:

That looks great, Andy. Any plans for running …perhaps November 5??? :wink:

Bruce…

We have a club meeting here on 10 Oct… the railroad should be running by then, and should be available to run in November… Not sure how much of the branchline will be in…

Ric offered to come down and help on Sunday… He is a glutton for punishment, yanno… :slight_smile:

I hope to have a few more engines battery powered by then… Just got the batteries in yesterday…

Looks good, lot of effort there getting it to look real. Great work and design you two. :slight_smile:

Very nice Andy.
I suspect Ric might be after a free meal. Campin gets expensive :smiley:
Ralph

Ralph, all he asked for is a diet coke… He never asked for a meal… :slight_smile:

and thank you…

Andy Clarke said:
Ralph, all he asked for is a diet coke.... He never asked for a meal.... :)

and thank you…

Man, he works cheap. I need to move next door to you :smiley:
I’ll put a little Rumski in that Coke and he won’t even care it’s not Diet :lol:
Ralph

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/CVRRHopper.jpg)

Thats looking awsome Andy. Its going to be an amazing layout when complete.

thank you, Shawn… Hopefully, it will be complete some year… :slight_smile:

Looking really nice Andy. Great looking setting too. I assume Ric will sneak in some extra sidings for operations?

Richard, thank you, much appreciated… :slight_smile:

Actually, I am setting the railroad up for operations… In the basement so far, is the coal marshalling yard, and about 4 coal mines… 2 sidings for Matheson Paper Mill… One for inbound wood chips, and one for finished products… Also in the basement is a poultry plant, ““Ric’s Chicks””… Just outside the window in Bluefield, there is a Feed & Mill Coop, and a steel mill that receives rough steel and makes finished products… In a separate location is the ““Industrial park”” with 4 industries… A furniture factory, a plastics factory, a Meat packing plant, and a container yard… My branch line works a town called Sparta, with a team track, an interchange at Woodlawn, and will eventually handle 3 grain elevators in 3 different towns…

All of this is in a program called ““Railop””, that I plan on using for the operations part of the railroad…

Andy Clarke said:
Also in the basement is a poultry plant, ""Ric's Chicks""..
NO WAY! Fresh Hens!!! Can you tell me where they layover might be so I can at least send them off with a smile on their face?

Don’t forget “PETA”, see prior posting.

I think we need a season for rooster hunting.

Shawn said:
I think we need a season for rooster hunting.
Everyday, with a special on Sundays.

Rooster hunting? I had an uncle that would have HAPPILY donated one!

That layout is going to be one busy place!

Sheer beauty :slight_smile:
Congratulations!

I get exhausted every time I see the size of that RR…Good job, Andy!

Ric Golding said:
Don't forget "PETA", see prior posting.
People Eating Tasty Animals.......... That PETA Ric?