Large Scale Central

Table saw precision fence

Howdy
Does anyone have experience with any of the precision fences available for table saws? Id like one that I could make accurate increments of up to about an inch.

For a standard sized table saw or one of the small one like Microlux ? Have you priced the one for standard sized saws ?

Standard sized table saw. they seem to be about $250 or so, and before I decide to buy (or build my own) I was hoping someone has some experience with em.

I have a BIESEMEYER fence for my 10" Craftsman and love it. Accurate and rock solid stable on every cut. Set it and forget it.

Rick Hill said:
I have a BIESEMEYER fence for my 10" Craftsman and love it. Accurate and rock solid stable on every cut. Set it and forget it.
Where did you buy it. The fence is the weakest part of my Craftsman 10". I can't get it truly parallel to the blade no matter what I do.
Jon Radder said:
Rick Hill said:
Where did you buy it. The fence is the weakest part of my Craftsman 10". I can't get it truly parallel to the blade no matter what I do.
Oooo, I was afraid you were going to ask that. I bought it probably 15 years ago. I remember ordering it from a tool supply company who's name escapes me now. It was a consumer (smaller, 30-36") version of their current commercial version but every bit as good. Yeah the stock fence was rubbish and this fence makes the saw feel like a professional contractor saw. I was just googling to see who has Biesemeyer fences and saw that Rockler has a Jet fence http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=24961 that looks like a copy of the Biesemeyer. Another quick search found this http://home.comcast.net/~jaswensen/machines/fence/fence.html if you want to make one.

Rick

Thanks Rick. My Google search netted that a Delta fence sold by Lowes for about $150 was a direct knock off of the Biessemeyer fence. Seems Delta owns Biessemeyer, or vice versa. What I did find said that the saw needed some modification to use the fence. Not sure I want to go that route.

I did have to drill some new holes in the cast iron table top and extensions, which was a little nerve wracking, but it came out fine.

I agree with Rick on the Biesemeyer fence. I currently have the Delta Unifence which I purchased a few years ago when I got my new Unisaw. While I think the Unifence is equal to the Beisemeyer generally it has a rather difficult shape to clamp guides and accessories to. The Beismemeyer has a nice squarish shape that is much better. I wish I’d chosen the Beisemeyer option when I bought the saw even though the Unifence has given excellent service.

If you don’t want to drill any holes then the Unifence will probably fit without alterations. Ask the salesperson if you call the place below.

Try Woodworker’s Supply for buying the fence. They have a website (google it as I forget the exact name) and a real person with tool knowledge will take phone orders.

Just got the latest Woodworker’s Supply catalog #248.

The Delta Unifence is on sale for 1/2 regular price if anyone is interested.
137-967 50" fence. Reg. price $549.99, sale price $274.99
30" fence, Reg. price $459.99, sale price $229.99
Side table boards are also on sale at half price.

woodworker.com
1-800-645-9292

I’m not connected with them but they have given absolutely great service to me over the years and your call won’t be taken at some far eastern sweat shop. I’ve mentioned this because it would seem to me that anyone contemplating a new fence might want to check this out.

When I went shopping for a good table saw, I found that the fence as supplied with the unit was junk (or inother words, not good enough for modeling) unless it was a Biesemeyer.
This included the upscale tool stores.

I bought my Biesemeyer fence for my 12" Craftsman about 15 years ago too and neither has ever missed a beat. I think the kit for the fence had a template for drilling the holes. I know that it went together nicely, I believe I bought it from Woodworker’s supply. I know I’ve bought a lot of things from them over the years.

That fence is so well made I haven’t even had to adjust it!

Note that I too prefer the Biesmeyer fence for the reason I already stated. I posted the above because the Unifence is on sale at half price and it too is an excellent product. I haven’t had to adjust my Unifence either and I do all of my stripwood cutting using it.

While I wish I’d chosen the Biesmeyer instead of the Unifence (I could have had either) at a savings of over $250 the Unifence as priced is a great buy for someone wanting a quality fence.

Richard Smith said:
Note that I too prefer the Biesmeyer fence for the reason I already stated. I posted the above because the Unifence is on sale at half price and it too is an excellent product. I haven't had to adjust my Unifence either and I do all of my stripwood cutting using it.

While I wish I’d chosen the Biesmeyer instead of the Unifence (I could have had either) at a savings of over $250 the Unifence as priced is a great buy for someone wanting a quality fence.

Does it have the shock collar attachment?

David Russell said:
Richard Smith said:
Note that I too prefer the Biesmeyer fence for the reason I already stated. I posted the above because the Unifence is on sale at half price and it too is an excellent product. I haven't had to adjust my Unifence either and I do all of my stripwood cutting using it.

Well…it’s good for cutting up poultry…! :smiley:

I just have an old Craftsman 10" table saw with the stock fence. I only paid $275 for the whole saw.
I guess I’m just pond scum for having such a cheep thing. Or maybe owning up to having a place for it in my garage. :slight_smile:

Richard Smith said:
David Russell said:
Richard Smith said:

Well…it’s good for cutting up poultry…! :smiley:

Check this site http://www.tablesawstore.com/

you will come to know about Table saw and how to use them

Seems we have are having an influx of new members just wanting to promote an unrelated product and/or website. Perhaps we need a quiz as part of the membership sign up. Must get 2 out of 3 simple train related questions correct in order to get membership.

With a name like that he would be better off selling cushy toilet paper to Saudi Prince’s

Agreed Jon!