Large Scale Central

Correct license plates... anyone else bothered?

I was kind of killing time today working on modifying yet another diecast car, when I happened to notice the license plate said “Agway”… hmmm, that won’t do.

So I went on Evilbay, typed in ‘1925 Pennsylvania’ in the search, and soon had jpegs of about a dozen different plates (hint, if it won’t let you simply save, try looking at the page source for the image name). A similar search for ‘1925 Ohio’ turned up a couple more. And a final search for ‘1957 Pennsylvania’ yielded enough for my indoor layout… I’ll size them and print them with my HP printer then seal them with clear nail polish before I cut them out… just like I have done with vintage signs.

AR or OCD? maybe, or maybe just the perfect finishing touch

Great idea Mik. I put my current plate on one of my die cast cars a while ago. Scanned the plate then shrunk the image to fit.

(http://photo.cvsry.com/KA1RLX_Plate_Mini.JPG)

You can also do that with google images. I googled 1960 Arkansas license plate, and got a host of images for Arkansas and other states that I can save the image and print.

mt

the easyest way to extract pics, that can not be guarded, that i found:

while seeing the page with the pic, press “print screen”.
open MS-paint, press “ctrl” and “V”(or “paste”), select the part you need, press “ctrl” and “C”(or “copy”) open another MS-paint, press “ctrl” and “V” - resize it as needed and save. - it’s done quicker than described.

Korm Kormsen said:
it's done quicker than described.
Finally, something that's easier done than said! :D

I never thought of doing that.
Thanks for the tip.
David

Mik said:
I was kind of killing time today working on modifying yet another diecast car, when I happened to notice the license plate said "Agway".... hmmm, that won't do.

So I went on Evilbay, typed in ‘1925 Pennsylvania’ in the search, and soon had jpegs of about a dozen different plates (hint, if it won’t let you simply save, try looking at the page source for the image name). A similar search for ‘1925 Ohio’ turned up a couple more. And a final search for ‘1957 Pennsylvania’ yielded enough for my indoor layout… I’ll size them and print them with my HP printer then seal them with clear nail polish before I cut them out… just like I have done with vintage signs.

AR or OCD? maybe, or maybe just the perfect finishing touch

Won’t work with a MAC :frowning:

Korm Kormsen said:
the easyest way to extract pics, that can not be guarded, that i found:

while seeing the page with the pic, press “print screen”.
open MS-paint, press “ctrl” and “V”(or “paste”), select the part you need, press “ctrl” and “C”(or “copy”) open another MS-paint, press “ctrl” and “V” - resize it as needed and save. - it’s done quicker than described.