Large Scale Central

Stumped!

O.K. You cut the tree down.
Then you cut the stump close to the ground.
Cover it with fill!
So how do you stop those suckers from coming up???
Sean

RoundUp…eventually the stump rots. To hasten that drill holes in the stump…

My tree guy said the same thing, drill about 20 holes in the stump. Use Roundup concentrate undiluted into the holes, worked great for me.

Great responses! Will drill and use “ROUNDUP” Thanks ! Sean

Hope it’s not a Mulberry tree…

Nope!! Just a 6" diam. OAK!!!

The “Whiskey Barrel and Maple Stump Lumber Company” took its name from the maple stump that was covered by the whiskey barrel and used as a planter for many years in that area of the Kaskaskia Valley Railway. Your results may vary. :wink:

Years ago, around here (1950’s), when this area I live in was a new subdivision; the favoured way to get rid of stumps, was to circle them with old car and truck tires; soak the whole pile for a few days with Kerosene, then light the thing with a match. It burned for a few days, and made one sweet “Bonfire”, which we children had a ball sitting around.
Those were the days before 'puters, TV, or stupidity…of course we all should be dead from the smoke of the burning tires, and many would say it would have been better for us children, to be killing ourselves competing at some game or other.
We got rid of the stumps, the tires, and enjoyed life in those days; and somehow survived. I wonder how…!!!

Fred Mills said:
Years ago, around here (1950's), when this area I live in was a new subdivision; the favoured way to get rid of stumps, was to circle them with old car and truck tires; soak the whole pile for a few days with Kerosene, then light the thing with a match. It burned for a few days, and made one sweet "Bonfire", which we children had a ball sitting around. Those were the days before 'puters, TV, or stupidity......of course we all should be dead from the smoke of the burning tires, and many would say it would have been better for us children, to be killing ourselves competing at some game or other. We got rid of the stumps, the tires, and enjoyed life in those days; and somehow survived. I wonder how.....!!!!
You know Fred, this explains a whole lot. ;-)

:lol:

I used a 55 gal drum and three bags of chacole to get rid of a stump. Just told the police i was having a three day BBQ and how would they like there dogs done?

Geoff George said:
I used a 55 gal drum and three bags of chacole to get rid of a stump. Just told the police i was having a three day BBQ and how would they like there dogs done?
I take it that was the guy next door? ;-) If you would have done that at Christmas, we all could have stayed warmer.
Ric Golding said:
Geoff George said:
I take it that was the guy next door? ;-) If you would have done that at Christmas, we all could have stayed warmer.
Hay I had the fire department on it. I can't help it if they could not get the fire going. You would think they would know how to start one not just put them out.

Well holes have been drilled, roundup applied , then a bag was placed over stump, then buried the sucker!! Fingers crossed! Next project!!!