Large Scale Central

SOftware question

I am interested in having a computer program that will generate waybills for railroad operations. It needs to be very customizable for what we will be doing or I need the source code so that I can customize it for our use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If I have to, I will write my own.

Bill, a lot of folks who hang out here have had very good luck with RailOP. It seems to be able to do most everything, even some that we haven’t thought of, yet.

There is even a free demo to download.

SteveF

We use RailOp on the IPP&W, LS pike, and find that it has the flexability needed. The guys around here use it for their HO operations and also a large Sn3 pike. One of the RailOp people is supposed to be visiting here this week to see his programme in action.

Bill Swindell said:
I am interested in having a computer program that will generate waybills for railroad operations. It needs to be very customizable for what we will be doing or I need the source code so that I can customize it for our use.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If I have to, I will write my own.

Please post an example of what the finished product might look like.

Dave; just google “RailOps” and on their web page I think you can get the feel of what it offers…

I downloaded the demo. I’m not sure if this is what I want or not. I’ll keep looking at it. Thanks, guys.

Hmmm…I wonder… :wink:

I’ve been working on a one-man-operation, fairly simple program for operations. Bruce and Bart have been testing it with pretty good results. I should have it ready for prime time in a little while. email me for details.