Large Scale Central

Creest Train Engineer

Does anyone run Crest Train Engineer? Does the unit permit DCC operations?

yes and No… Only wireless DCC type unit I know of is Airwire tho Tony Walsham’s RCS may be too

The Crest Train Engineer is not DCC. It is a proprietary throttle system. Some auxiliary functions are available with an add-on receiver board if you can find it. Airwire isn’t true Batt-R/C DCC either, although it does support some DCC functions for sound cards etc.

What do you want to do ?

In my opinion Aubrey needs to read the info he was referred to (regarding DCC), then decide what it is he expects from train control. There are a few ways to run more than one train independently.

Aubrey…I invite you to stop by the chatroom here at LSC sometime, so we can discuss in real time…

I would agree about knowing up front how you want to operate your trains. The Train Engineer works pretty well for most people who are only going to run one train on one track. The basic version is so simple, all I had to do was hand the controller to my five year old daughter and she could run the train.

Before you spend any money, do some searches in Google. Plenty of technical details and reviews out there to help you decide. If you are eager to get started you can always hook up a Train Engineer now, and switch over to DCC after you have a chance to learn more about it.

As Bart says…ask on the chat…there were a few people there tonight who would have answered your questions in real time…

I use the crest and like it.

The RCS one is cool. I love that tiny transmitter.

Airwire looks cool, but I’ve never gotten to play with one. I got a guy to show me his once.

Aubrey, just another piece of information: this forum is for railroad operations, like running schedules, operating sessions.

You would do a lot better to post on the appropriate forum.

Nothing Aristo makes has any semblance to DCC, either in the level of control, or the signalling technology.

Regards, Greg