Large Scale Central

TGBO and GBO?

When riding the VIA RDC in Canada, I was given some used and disgarded railroad forms from our trip. These included a “Canadian Pacific Railway - Northern Ontario Service Area Pre-Departure Checklist” and a “TGBO” form numbered 6401-9234 that seems specific to our trip.

So does anyone know what “TGBO” stands for?

On the predeparture checklist it is used in a sentence - “Is this the correct TGBO for my train/engine?” “Do you have a current subdivsion TGBO?” “Where is the first TGBO Restriction”

Interesting documents.

Rule of the week is “370”.

Ric Golding said:
When riding the VIA RDC in Canada, I was given some used and disgarded railroad forms from our trip. These included a "Canadian Pacific Railway - Northern Ontario Service Area Pre-Departure Checklist" and a "TGBO" form numbered 6401-9234 that seems specific to our trip.

So does anyone know what “TGBO” stands for?

On the predeparture checklist it is used in a sentence - “Is this the correct TGBO for my train/engine?” “Do you have a current subdivsion TGBO?” “Where is the first TGBO Restriction”

Interesting documents.

Rule of the week is “370”.

A bit of Google-mining comes up with “tabular general bulletin order”, but not WHAT it is… Still digging…

Yeah, I’ve been doing the same thing. It seems like “Daily Train Orders”, but I can’t come up with anything better for the anacronym. Also trying to find “Rule 370”. Other people must be looking because my response is slow.

Well,
I found the Narco Rules that Canadian Pacific complies with and there is nothing between Rule 298A and Rule 400. The plot thickens.

I have to agree that that is what it seems to stand for -

TGBO - Tabular General Bulletin Orders

GBO - General Bulletin Orders

Example TGBO 6401-9234
Form V
Do Not Exceed 25 MPH on main track at railway crossing at grade mile 70.47 Cartier Sub account surface condition. Yellow signal goiverning westward movements at signal 691 mile 69.1 Cartier Sub.