Large Scale Central

What is "operations," as it applies to Large Scale Layouts?

So? What are your answers? These will form the basis for an “operations” section on the LSC WIKI that Bob has set up.

Let the good times roll!

In my opinion operations on Largescale layouts are no different than on the smaller scale layouts except probably more realistic as your train is probably actually going a greater distance from one point to another through natural scenery. I’m currently using the same type of card colored waybills that I used on my old HO layout. I operate my railroad as a small shortline type railroad where the crew comes on duty at one end of the railroad and works his way to the other end of the line before returning to the original point of departure while at the same time doing the necessary switching of industries/towns in route.

I think I will have to say that “Operations” is anytime a train is run with a purpose. Putting a train on track and letting it run without paying attention would only be “Operations” if the purpose of running the train was to create a background enjoyment or distraction. The running of every train is some form of “Operations” as long as it has a purpose that can be defined.

Ric Golding said:
I think I will have to say that "Operations" is anytime a train is run with a purpose. Putting a train on track and letting it run without paying attention would only be "Operations" if the purpose of running the train was to create a background enjoyment or distraction. The running of every train is some form of "Operations" as long as it has a purpose that can be defined.
Soooooooooo how come you guys didn't add all that to the LSCwiki [url]http://www.lsceverything.com/index.php?title=Operations[/url] ???

I’ve only added the definition (from my point of view) and the very basic (running on an oval).

Have at it!

I think Bruce said he would do that part. :wink:

Ric Golding said:
I think Bruce said he would do that part. ;-)
Sounds like one too many rumskis for you, Ric. ;) And not nearly enough for me...

Bruce,

All right, I’ll double your rum ration. :wink: