Large Scale Central

Bachmann ore cars, etc

Last night I finished painting and weathering my two side-dump, wooden ore cars. I must say, I’m really pleased with the result – especially since my wife liked them so much, she actually wants me to get more! So now I know what my Christmas present will be. :slight_smile:

I’ll post some pics of the finished cars once I get them developed. In the meantime, my success with the ore cars has gotten me fired up to strip down my Buddy L 2-6-2 for painting and detailing. I’m also planning to replace the diamond stack with a “shotgun” stack; and I’m going to replace the headlight with an LED powered by a small battery pack which will be installed in the smokebox. The smokebox door actually works so this will be pretty convenient.

Looking forward to seeing those cars. I plan to get some and age them. Never enough ideas.

Hmmm Ray is moving onto engines, Kevin what out.

This I have to see!

That’s a good idea, Ray, especially for track powered engines - you can find them at night when track power fails. Here’s photo from a couple months ago of one done several years ago. Used 9v battery since that is same as Bachmann’s passenger cars use for their lights.

It did require cutting out switch mounting portion of smokebox front piece.

IMG_4248

IMG_4247

Wow, that post was just over 10 years ago! Hard to believe it’s been so long.

Ray Dunakin said:

What happens on the web stays on the web.

Most of it anyway.

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Ray Dunakin said:

… with the exception of pics.

Korm Kormsen said:

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Ray Dunakin said:

… with the exception of pics.

Indeed. There’s panic over at MLS as the file storage seems to have disappeared!

Ray…Fun flies when you are doing time…or something like that…

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit lies like a banana.