Large Scale Central

5th Annual Fall Operating Session

In two weeks we will have our Fall OPs Session.

November 4 - 5, 2006, 12:00 Noon - 5 pm, both days - 5th Annual Kaskaskia Valley Railway Fall Operating Session, Carlyle, Illinois

This event has become part of the Gateway Garden Railway Club’s annual schedule. It is open to the public and includes battery, track power and live steam used in an operational environment with RailOps software for Dispatching. If you are interested and can get within 50 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri you are certainly welcome to join us.

For more info contact me at [email protected]

How’s that old song go?

“Wit a litto bit o’ luck!”

Tom Ruby said:
How's that old song go?

“Wit a litto bit o’ luck!”

“… someone else’ll do the bloomin’ work.” :smiley:

Wot? No such luck. Sigh. :frowning:
Back to the grindstone. No rest for grandpa. No trips, neither.

hehe

I meant, with a little luck I’ll be there :smiley:

Tom Ruby said:
hehe

I meant, with a little luck I’ll be there :smiley:

I know. I hope you get there. :smiley:
But no trips for me

I would dearly like to join in, Ric, but I fear that my travelling days are numbered.

I’ll be fortunate, if I make it to York in the Spring.

Fred Mills said:
I would dearly like to join in, Ric, but I fear that my travelling days are numbered.

Fred,
I can say the same thing. I will be extremely fortunate if I make it to York in the Spring. :wink:

I really enjoyed the visit at Marty’s last month, but I must say that the travel beat me half to death…:frowning: It’s comforting to know that I’m not alone in my struggles to travel as age slaps me on the backside.

Something about misery loves company…:confused:

Warren

Fred Mills said:

Fr. Fred

Is a Vogel needed to nurse you back to health? I’ve heard Victoria is available.

We can send a dispatch…Just say the word.

The Lone Railroader

The Lone Railroader said:
Fred Mills said:
I'll be fortunate, if I make it to York in the Spring.
Fr. Fred Is a Vogel needed to nurse you back to health? I've heard Victoria is available. We can send a dispatch...Just say the word. The Lone Railroader
With Fred's luck, Vioc or Vico would show up with codski liver oil. leeches and a horse syringe with a bent needle.
Chris Vernell said:
The Lone Railroader said:
Fred Mills said:
I'll be fortunate, if I make it to York in the Spring.
Fr. Fred Is a Vogel needed to nurse you back to health? I've heard Victoria is available. We can send a dispatch...Just say the word. The Lone Railroader
With Fred's luck, Vioc or Vico would show up with codski liver oil. leeches and a horse syringe with a bent needle.
Ah you know of their methods!

They have been here, and resorted to drinking all my Laphroaig…as a medication for their sore feet. They said that they walked here because they got tired pushing the car, after the horse they had pulling it, up and died.

When asked why they were using a horse; they laughed, and told me that I should know that it was easier than them pushing it.

I didn’t ask about putting petrol in the tank, as I’m sure they had thought of that.

They talked about visiting some guy by the name of Nick, down in New York; somwhere North of the South Joisey swamps and quick sand.
They did have the bardge dog with them…it seems to live on a steady diet of Diet Coke, and green frogs.

I am recovering. Just the thought of a good long hibernation, gives me more strength every day. The Chicken soup that arrives at my door every morning is another bit of reassurance, that I’m not forgotten by everyone.

Fred Mills said:
They have been here, and resorted to drinking all my Laphroaig......
And you didn't send them to join the fishes in Peter's Pond? Truly a man of amazing forbearance.
Fred Mills said:
I am recovering. Just the thought of a good long hibernation, gives me more strength every day. The Chicken soup that arrives at my door every morning is another bit of reassurance, that I'm not forgotten by everyone.
You're sure it's chicken soup? Could be a Muscovite plot
Chris Vernell said:
Some people pay good money for treatment like that!

In the words of Jon Radder “This thread sure got hijacked”, but that’s okay. Tomorrow AndyC comes over to help me setup the steam track. Doug Matheson has been helping refine the RailOps Dispatching Software and things are ready to go for Saturday at noon. Jan already has some of the food made, so starvation will be abated once again and the weather is looking good with daytime temps in the 50’s. Please check back here and we’ll try to keep you informed of the activities.

Planning to be there early Saturday Afternoon, probably not before noon and leaving Sunday Evening.

Here’s hoping you have glorious weather, good food and great friends in abundance. Wish I could be there.

And by the way, if you’re going to quote me, make sure you get it right. I never use “sure” and “got” in the same sentence. At least not without a 'nuff in between.

JR

…grinning…

Wow, rick has a steam track??? Who’d have thunked…

Bob McCown said:
Chris Vernell said:
Some people pay good money for treatment like that!
I won't touch that with HJ's barge pole