Large Scale Central

Great Northern Narrow guage?

as I am just starting in this scale, and am building up a fleet of cars(various) I just wondered, did the the Great Northern RR ever have a NG branch or division? I am looking at the Bachman series of cars.
Thanks
Rod F.

Hi Rod,

Yes it did! Ran by the name of Kaslo and Slocan, there’s a nice book available http://www.sononis.com/book021.stm

The location of the railway was three valleys to the East of where I live. :wink: :slight_smile:

Hans,

Did the K&S run with GN heralds on their sides?

Steve

Steve Featherkile said:
Hans,

Steve

Steve,

No it didn’t!

J.J. Hill knew there would be a “war”, if he’d pulled that one. :wink: :slight_smile:

BTW the K&S ran on 3ft gauge and was later taken over by the CPR. The Southern Interior of BC from the Alberta border to Hope is one interesting piece of real estate in regards to railways!

Yeah, Great Northern is where it’s at… Sure do like the orange paint scheme on the passenger cars and I’ll probable have to pick up some coaches etc just as soon as I can find a deal or two.

Cheers,

Thanks guys. Settles that then, an order will be placed today. I can live with the fact that GN didn’t have their logo’s on their stock…I guess I couls always get Stan Cedarleaf to make me some K&S decals?
HJ I’ll check the boook out.
Daryl if you are looking for a deal, Trainworld has Bachman freight cars at $9.99 each just now.
Rod F.

Rod

I looking for a deal like the one that is listed at St Aubin. Of course they are sold out when I really wanted to do some business with them. T.W. is okay if you can stand the Brooklyn way for communicating.

eBay has On30 with some interesting listings.

Cheers,

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Steve Featherkile said:
Hans,

Steve

Steve,

No it didn’t!

J.J. Hill knew there would be a “war”, if he’d pulled that one. :wink: :slight_smile:

BTW the K&S ran on 3ft gauge and was later taken over by the CPR. The Southern Interior of BC from the Alberta border to Hope is one interesting piece of real estate in regards to railways!

Kind thought that might be the case. Still, for my someday ON30 fictional Chumstick Rever and Tumwater Northern, its nice to know that there was a GN owned narrow gauge.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve ,
So your railway logo reads CRETIN then ? Hmmm .
Mike

Mike Morgan said:
Steve , So your railway logo reads CRETIN then ? Hmmm . Mike
Sheesh Mike,

The whole thread was about GN NG and then your post shows up hmmmmmmmmmm…

BTW, as hard as I looked at that picture of you, couldn’t see the twinkle in the eye. :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

I agree Daryl, the abrupt manner of the TW staff leaves something to be desired, but over the years I have got used to it. I must also say, I have never ever had reason to complain over their service.
I’ll check out the E-bay 0n30 pages. thanks.
Rod F.

Mike Morgan said:
Steve , So your railway logo reads CRETIN then ? Hmmm . Mike
Never looked at it that way before. Now, if'n I had spelled River correctly, that would throw a wrench in the works, wouldn't it?

Steve