Large Scale Central

Ops session at Triple Falls

Had our monthly meet, first of the season, this afternoon. Marshall has just finished the upper logging and mining district. The photos show it better than I can explain it.

This is my Shay at the upper Wye. The big, curved trestle to the upper district is behind it.

This is the same train crossing the upper of three falls, after crossing the trestle in the backgound.

The train has passed my vantage point, and is progressing upgrade to Manley Mine, in the far distance. The mine dump is visible on the spur just below it (it operates).

This is the same area just from the other end. You can see the mine dump, and the branch mainline proceeding off towards the right.

This is the logging area with part of the runaround track visible.

This is the absolute upper end. The turntable, spur to Manley Mine, and the logging runaround visible just dissappearing off around the house.

This is what it looks like from the main operating area looking up at Manley Mine and the logging district. Roy is switching the logging area while Donna supervises.

After Roy finished and got down to the lower area, I went up to the Logging District and took a photo down towards Cedar Yard from the Logging District.

This is the move at Arch Rock switching out loads from the operating mine dump.

This is the same load being dumped to the Standard Gauge Transfer.

This is looking down at the Upper Wye and the Falls Crossings. The nearest track is the one earlier with the Shay crossing the falls. That’s Marshall.

Same area looking towards the entry area and the “steps”.

TimFlan crossing the steps. You can see the mine dump, and the big trestle in the background. TOC