Large Scale Central

Operations - my trackplan

Seeing as these threads are getting a good amount of work, I figured Id post my trackplan, and what I have in mind for operations. Here’s the trackplan. Black is the intended plan, yellow hilight is what’s currently built. Green is an intended continuous running link (which, in reality, will be about 3 feet long, seeing how the layout is bent on itself).

“Burke Yard” is a central, 3 track yard, with engine facilities, a couple passing sidings, and a powerplant that takes in coal. Majestic is a major coal provider, with a multi-track coal loading colliery, and some industries. Orly is a small siding of unknown use at this time. Various other industries will appear as expansion continues toward the “Interchange” end of the layout this year. Other locations are placeholder names until I get more creative. Basically, I’ll be running coal drags between Burke and Majestic, and the local switcher will take care of supplying coal to the powerplant. Wayfreights will switch the various sidings and industries along the way. Right now, I only have 4 online industries, so freights are 4-8 cars, limited by a 4% grade from Majestic to Orly. This is fine for me now, since I’ll be a one-man show until I find other operators in my area, and I get more industries online.