Large Scale Central

Just finished this Close Encounters model, its so TINY

As some know one of my other hobbies is model building. Just finished this tiny tiny diorama display and wanted to share. Found it on eBay, and of course I immediately threw away the instructions after reading and built it my way. Resin kit that added alot more thin rod for antenna than the kit had and added the Dark Side of the Moon landing pad where the original acrylic rod that was supposed to hold up the model went. I didn’t care for the mounting the way it came added additional detail to the bottom then drilled a new mount on top of Devil’s Tower and extended a central rod as support and also added foam scenery This is small, REALLY small, the base is 1.5" x 2.5", the main saucer is 2" round, its resting on a 2x4, see the tape measure for reference. Sorry for the not great pics, I was at my cameras limit. I like the way this looks, I think it came out rather nice.

Seems like getting a 2’ diameter g scale loop in there is gonna be tough… /sarcasm. That’s kind of cool, Vic!

Neat!

Cool. I was going to build one out of mashed potatos, but kept eating them.

Wow, that’s small! What’s the scale, 1/10,000th??

Great Model.

I’ve seen both the studio model used in the film as well as visited Devil’s Tower several years ago.