Large Scale Central

Celebrating 25 years of Plowing Operations

Suleski Transportation is celebrating 25 years of plowing operations. When Jay Frost, VP of Plowing Operations, was asked about how much has changed over the years he replied “We went from having to ride in unheated plows with no windshield wipers or shock absorbers to the modern snow removal equipment of today. Everything has improved so must since ’96. Back then we only had polaroid’s to take photos of our equipment. Some of the plows look the same on the outside but inside they are all modernized. SP-1 is the first Plow built in our own shops. Our fleet now numbers 7 plows. 4 Gull Wing wedge v- plows and 3 specialty single throw plows for plowing double track mainlines. Lucky for us we have had a very quiet winter this year." (knock on wood to avoid the Kurt Gowdy jinx)

Polaroid of first Plow Ops in 1996

Polaroid from 1996 SP1 with ST#21 U36 power

Plowing Ops 2021

2021 Plowing Ops with SP1 and ST#29 SD40-2 power

Looking good, Scott!

Congratulations Scott! I too have long shared your affliction for winter operations. :wink:

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Hutson said:

Congratulations Scott! I too have long shared your affliction for winter operations. :wink:

Cheers,

Matt

Affliction is an accurate description! I’m glad some still have it and share their plowing photos. Fortunately, I was cured a few years back when ice build up on the track resulted in the death of a crew member…

Although, once the upgrades to M-10, M-11 and 152 are complete, next on the list is getting compatible couplers on my two wedge plows just in case the perfect snow shows up before spring.