Forums General Other Hobbies
  • Topic: Jan's and Ric's Great Adventure in 2021

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 3, 2021 11:44 AM EST
      • West Grove, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• March 3, 2021 2:12 PM EST
      • East Brunswick, N J RRR#22

• Thanks

"I'd know him anywhere, Officer, that's the man who stole my purse"!

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." - L. Frank Baum

• March 3, 2021 6:44 PM EST

• Thanks

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." --Martin Luther King Jr

• March 4, 2021 3:46 AM EST

• Thanks

• March 4, 2021 6:11 AM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Ken, thanks for posting your videos of the Ridge Live Steamers Winter Meet.  It was great for you to join us at our Winter home.  Things are winding down and temperatures are warming at home.  Yesterday, we pulled 43 cars at Ridge.  This is about maximum for the grade in front of Rich's house.  All kinds of video on Youtube.  Lots of fun!

• March 4, 2021 6:23 AM EST

• Thanks

I had a ball, Ric. Thanks for the invite. It was a pleasure meeting your mentor, Mr. Wattekamp, and sharing war stories with him. Not to mention what all it takes to run a steam engine. I've got 1 more video to post. Broke'em down to 10 -15 minutes. 

Had a nice day here yesterday, too. 

Left Dundee about 2 AM, got home around 6. 

I sure don't miss that drive................

• March 4, 2021 6:34 AM EST

• Thanks

• March 4, 2021 9:36 AM EST

• Thanks

• March 7, 2021 7:25 AM EST
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

7 March, 2021 - Things are beginning to wind down for the Winter of 2020 - 2021.  Roger and Susie Caiazza begin their trek back home to Finger Lakes/ Syracuse today.  Lots of things are documented very well, because of Roger really learning how to use his GoPro camera and perfecting his posting on Youtube.  Of course, Ken's documentation of his week here has created a lot of exposure for the Ridge Live Steamers and our Winter Adventures.  Bob Wattecamp and I have about 2 more runs of the H-10.  Most of my projects for the Winter are done and I was able to get the Tram out on the track last Thursday for the first time on the new chassis and I have to consider it a success.  More about that in another posting.  We have about one more week here and then head up to Cedar Key for a week there and a couple of days at Disney with our daughters family and then  heading back to Carlyle.  Goal is to be there by April first or so.

• March 7, 2021 9:46 AM EST

• Thanks

• April 2, 2021 12:33 PM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

2 April, 2021 - We are back at our home base in Carlyle.  We arrived on the 31 of March and got our first Covid shot on April 1st.  All is well as we plan the Summer's adventures.  Next long trip is to Ken's for the 2021 KOPS.  Local Operations will fill the void until then.  Lots on the ToDo list and "Life" gives us a lot as we hang on to this spinning rock.

Forums General Other Hobbies

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google