Forums Modeling Other Scales
  • Topic: Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 31, 2020 5:16 PM EST
      • Bundaberg, Queensland Australia

• Thanks

Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division

I decided to build a HO layout in my shed so I can still do something with trains when it is.

• a. to hot to work on the Large Scale layout (usually over Summer) or
      • b. it is to dark, i.e night time, to work on the Large Scale railway.

It represents the Eastern end of the Kepnock Valley, the Western end is a Large Scale (G) railway Ringbalin Light Railway G Division: About the Railway (ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com) which geographically occupies a part of my backyard; both layouts live in a portion of my imagination.

The railway is built on a shelf in part of my shed, it is L shaped and measures 3 Metres (10Feet) x 3 Metres (10Feet) the shelf height being 1.3 Metres from the floor.

The reason for the height is twofold;

• I feel that HO layouts just look better and appear less toy like when viewed at close to eye height and,
      • It is planned to use the space underneath as a storage track area for my Large Scale (G) railway with a spur line coming in from the back yard. Blog of G layout; Ringbalin Light Railway G Division

The power and control will be provided by an NCE "PowerCab" DCC controller, the decoders I am considering are "LAIS" recommended by some UK modelers they have basic direction and lighting functions. 

Using DCC will be a first for me so a big learning curve coming up this year

I have started a blog to record construction, lots of pictures and a couple of "how I did its" that may inspire someone with an indoor layout;
      Ringbalin Light Railway HO Division: About the Railway

This post was edited by GAP at January 1, 2021 3:32 AM EST
Forums Modeling Other Scales

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google