Large Scale Central

LGB 20588 & 20579 A/B units

WTB…Any if you guys know of any LGB DRGW A/B units (20588 20579) that are taking up space somewhere?
Looking to complete the whole ABA set with the latest release of the next A unit 20578.
Thanks for any help

Mike

I been purchasing a few LGB diesel units on eBay and finding them higher then usual. It took me two months to find a LGB 22560 Santa Fe diesel in the War Bonnet paint scheme at a price that I thought was about right for that engine and could not find the LGB 2056 diesel in the Rio Grande paint scheme. I’m not looking for any LGB F units, but all that I have found are priced up there, I guess some LGB stuff is in demand at this time. Hope you find these units and can get them at a reasonable price.

trainman

Yep

i think part of the scarcity right now has to do with production and shipping with everything being severely hampered by all the Covid crap?

Hopefully somebody knows somebody and they’ll show up??

Mike

Mike Leark said:

Yep

i think part of the scarcity right now has to do with production and shipping with everything being severely hampered by all the Covid crap?

Hopefully somebody knows somebody and they’ll show up??

Mike

True, for many new railroad products this is probably the case, but LGB original products have been out of production for 15 plus years and I don’t consider Piko a good replacement for the original LGB trains. Looks like the LGB American stuff still brings a good price in todays market, as well as the foreign stuff I don’t keep up with it, so I have no idea in its values. Back in the day I purchase a lot of LGB from Watts Train Shop and the prices back then new were less then you pay for it in today market. Private sales are probably going to get you the best price, but finding it is another thing.

trainman

Bump….

Still looking for these