Large Scale Central

RRModelling Interrupted by a Tree House Project

Well, I started finishing my Challenge build from earlier in the year, but the last few weeks my youngest son and I have been working on building a two-story tree house in the back yard in the middle of the railroad tracks. I don’t know if anybody will find this interesting, but it’s been a great project! It brings a whole new meaning to stick-by-stick construction…and it’s almost all built out of reclaimed wood. It even has an elevator that we are just now finishing up (last picture – powered by a winch, not shown).

Anyway, as soon as this is finished, I’ll go back to my Challenge build. I actually got started on the scenery that leads to and supports the build…pictures when I can, especially since I’m finally getting good at shaping and painting foam to look like rock.

I love it John…go BIG or go home (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

Sweet woodwork!

btw: are you guys members of the Calvin & Hobbes G.R.O.S.S. club?

(Get Rid Of Slimy Girls)

He could be in this club …

Wow! That’s pretty impressive.

Fantastic work! Lots of talent there. Thanks for sharing!

Jim Rowson said:

btw: are you guys members of the Calvin & Hobbes G.R.O.S.S. club?

Probably not, since my daughter did most of the painting!

I did a bit of the same this summer. I started with and old swing set my parents had for my 20 years younger sister who is now done with college. I had the main platform up in the tree from last year and thought this would be a nice way to access it. We’ll get the walls up on the main platform this spring but for now he loves the new swing. Sadly this isn’t distracting me from my rail road since that consists of a pile of dirt inside a circle inscribed in the grass with the weed eater. It should be ready for first track this spring.

John I love the texture rich construction style you guys built with. It creates a very unique look.

That kid looks familiar…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

You aren’t aging well Russell.

Randy Lehrian Jr. said:

John I love the texture rich construction style you guys built with. It creates a very unique look.

Thanks, Randy. Almost all the material is free used cedar fencing and wood off of the Craig List.

Judging from those sunglasses, I’d say you have a future movie star on your hands!

What happens to it during a wind storm?

John Bouck said:

What happens to it during a wind storm?

As long as we don’t move to Spokane, I think we’re good !

Wow!!! That’s not a treehouse, that’s a house with a tree running through it! :slight_smile:

I really like the door.

John,

We have had two wind storms in the last 15 years that have wreaked havoc in the Spokane area.

Both followed by no power for days.

A “mild one” (40-50 MPH) two weeks ago took a couple large limbs down off of the maples that shade my house.

Luckily didn’t hit the roof or take down utility wires.