Large Scale Central

Dollar Tree Building Blocs Windows

Wandering around our local Dollar Tree keeping my 6 foot social distancing today.

I found these items in the toy aisle.

I bought several of the window and door sets to use on my bird house buildings I haven’t yet built. Each bag has four small

windows plus some other generic pieces. The bags were one dollar apiece so each window was a quarter with the other parts

thrown in. A good deal I think. The window mullins are a bit heavy but I operate on the ten foot rule.

I don’t know how I can use the light up blocks as these have flashing red/blue lights. The website shows they also sell a clear

flashing light set.

You know you have a sickness, right? Wandering around the dollar stores looking for stuff for your layout, wandering around hardware stores, animal feed stores, heck, even the grocery store where you might find the right size skewer or colander for splicing foam or sifting ballast, keeping an eye out everywhere you go, cities, mountains, plains, for something that might work…I’m just thankful I’ve never done anything like that. No.

Thanks,I think.

Always keeping my eyes open for things I can use.

Garage sales were a favorite source and will be again soon.

Half the buildings I have are converted garage sale finds.

John Passaro said:

You know you have a sickness, right? Wandering around the dollar stores looking for stuff for your layout, wandering around hardware stores, animal feed stores, heck, even the grocery store where you might find the right size skewer or colander for splicing foam or sifting ballast, keeping an eye out everywhere you go, cities, mountains, plains, for something that might work…I’m just thankful I’ve never done anything like that. No.

quietly laughing in the background, as I cut up clear plastic food containers to use as window glass in my HO passenger cars…