• Topic: Aristo _ Craft trains forum

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 16, 2020 7:53 AM EDT
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Aristo _ Craft trains forum

Hello all

You were aware that the Aristo- Craft site is still up and unfortunately not as busy as this one ..

Feel free to check in there ..you might see some names you already know ..

http://www.aristocraftforum.com/index.php?sid=50bb9fb39f640dad6f4459aee66ccbf0

Thanks

This post was edited by Sean McGillicuddy at April 16, 2020 4:37 PM EDT

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• April 16, 2020 3:45 PM EDT
      • Sherwood Park, Alberta

• Thanks

Sean, I haven't been there in a few years, but I made a post today.

Shane

• April 16, 2020 5:01 PM EDT
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

I did see your post ..that will wake them up !

My u-tube  My Vimeo

The light in the tunnel might not be an engine , but a light in the caboose of my own train on my Roundy Round Rail Road !    My empire is complete...I think...

• April 16, 2020 5:03 PM EDT
      • East Brunswick, N J RRR#22

• Thanks

I'm trying to get in but I forgot my USERID. I wrote down the password, but a lot of good it does me. Won't let me rergister because my email address is already used.

Sheesh!

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with." - L. Frank Baum

• April 16, 2020 6:00 PM EDT
      • Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario, Canada

• Thanks

Managed to get a new password....but have not sent a message yet...The reply to my application for a new password was almost an instantaneous reply...

• April 16, 2020 6:04 PM EDT
      • Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario, Canada

• Thanks

I don't know what I can contribute to the forums there...as I've never been known as a "Lover" of all things Aristo.   I reserve my love for my family, and any lady-friends I might have....!!

• April 16, 2020 6:39 PM EDT
      • Smoggy L.A., Left Coast

• Thanks

Wow I didn't know it was still active. I think I got booted off the forum for posting one of my homemade critters, it had Aristocraft motor blocks but a Bachmann body which was apparently a big no no back then for somebody 

• April 16, 2020 6:41 PM EDT
      • Curmudgeon at Large, Lynn Haven, FL

• Thanks

I have a user name there. Way back when I first got into large scale some 12+ years ago I joined that forum. Learned very quickly that if you were not an Aristo-Craft foamer you were not very welcome there. I lurked there for a while looking to pick up information on what little Aristo-Craft I owned. Didn't take long and I stopped lurkeing as well. I have found much more friendship here and get as good or better (honest) information here. I have no reason to go back...even if I could remember enough to get back in.

We don't stop playing with trains because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing with trains.....

• April 17, 2020 1:06 AM EDT
      • San Mateo, California

• Thanks

A long time ago I quit the Aristo Forum after several years of participation.  I think they were upset at me for posting a thread with pictures about the GP40's smoking motors (bad batch of motors) and plating falling off its wheels, and later I posted a thread about a Lionel steam loco to illustrate blind driver wheels, which they did not like that I don't understand their objection to this day. Anyway, Aristo is now defunct.

-Ted

• April 17, 2020 8:09 AM EDT
      • South Devon, England

• Thanks

The Aristo Forum is much the same as others.  You can read it but it only necessary to have a user name and password to post.  Same as here.  This place is the most active, others tend to be quiet or reminiscent of Facebook.

regards, Alan

Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing so gentle as real strength.  Saint Francis de Sales  French saint & bishop of Geneva (1567 - 1622) 

https://www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk

https://www.buckfast.org.uk/

• April 17, 2020 12:09 PM EDT
      • Newton, KS

• Thanks

Sort of fun to go look around some.

• February 18, 2021 9:21 AM EST
      • Fort Myers Beach & Annapolis, Florida & Maryland

• Thanks

I was curious as my pal Tim is fighting to repair a 2-8-2. The Aristo forums say 'not available' - are they officially defunct?

And where do I find Navin's phone number?

Pete

• February 18, 2021 9:33 AM EST
      • Cumming, GA

• Thanks

The site was up till last Friday.  The site was locked do to issues and hopefully it will be back up as Johnathan was sent a e mail about it and he was unaware there was a issue.  I just checked today and still no totally up.  Hope it comes back as there are a few of us that stay active there.  Later RJD

• February 18, 2021 9:36 AM EST
      • Curmudgeon at Large, Lynn Haven, FL

• Thanks

Pete, it is my understanding that Navin is now here https://www.revoelectronics.com/

We don't stop playing with trains because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing with trains.....

• February 19, 2021 9:43 AM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

R.J. DeBerg said:

The site was up till last Friday.  The site was locked do to issues and hopefully it will be back up as Johnathan was sent a e mail about it and he was unaware there was a issue.  I just checked today and still no totally up.  Hope it comes back as there are a few of us that stay active there.  Later RJD

It has been strange/ unavailable for a while..weird text .. and things .. will not let you log on etc.. I do check in there daily .. Some times to just see who has a birthday ...

My u-tube  My Vimeo

• February 19, 2021 9:45 AM EST
      • Easton , Massachusetts

• Thanks

Ted Doskaris said:

A long time ago I quit the Aristo Forum after several years of participation.  I think they were upset at me for posting a thread with pictures about the GP40's smoking motors (bad batch of motors) and plating falling off its wheels, and later I posted a thread about a Lionel steam loco to illustrate blind driver wheels, which they did not like that I don't understand their objection to this day. Anyway, Aristo is now defunct.

-Ted

I lot of the questions that do pop up are on repairs ...

My u-tube  My Vimeo

Forums General General Discussion

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google