Large Scale Central

Revoelectronics Contact?

Background - I recently picked up a used Bachmann K27 at an estate sale. The item did not list battery or Revolution included. When I got to the club layout to test it out, I discovered the battery and Revolution sound equipped RX board. The unit did not come with a TX. No one at the club had a dummy board, so back in the box it went.

Purchased a TX and link switch from a VAR, which didn’t arrive with an instruction manual. Went to the Revelectronics web site to download the manual, and the way the site is configured it looked like you had to be a member to download. I sent an email through the contact form and did receive the PDFs I needed.

I set up about 20 feet of track to test on. Charged up the battery. Powered up the loco and the LED on the RX flashed fairly quickly. Held down the link switch and told the RX to link. The LED on the RX continued to blink (along with the headlight on the loco), but never went solid. Powered everything down, disconnected the battery in the loco and removed the batteries from the TX to completely clear any possibility of latent data. Repeated the process with the same result. Now to the thread title.

When I received the PDFs from Revoelectronics the recommended that I generate an account so it would be easier to access information I followed that recommendation. I don’t remember the exact date, but that was about 2 weeks ago. I still have not received my confirmation email to finalize the account creation.

Next, on 4/5 I sent an email describing the above issue with a request for recommendation, including ‘do I need to send the RX in for evaluation’. I have received no response to this email. I sent another email on 4/10 again, requesting both an account finalization email and an answer to the original trouble email.

What I am seeking here is this a common occurance with Revoelectronics? Or am I unique? There is not telephone numbers on the web site any longer, does anyone have a number I can use to contact Revoelectronics?

When I first decided to change my original K27 to battery R/C was about the time Aristo-Craft/Crest Electronics was closing their doors, although Lewis continued to tell folks there was no problems. Due to similar lack of communication and misinformation being passed out, I chose to use Airwire instead of Revolution. This current situation is very reminiscent of the first go. I hope I am wrong.

That was one of the reasons Don Sweet of RCSONE quit selling the REVO. It kept dropping the link and Nobody could tell him why or how to fix it.

Maybe Don has a number you could call.

https://www.rcsofne.com/

I have received no response to this email. I sent another email on 4/10 again, requesting both an account finalization email and an answer to the original trouble email.

There is a complete lock-down and pandemic going on in NJ. In fact, their website says right on top:

temporarily Closed due to covid-19.

Looks like you’ll have to wait until they go back to work.

Bob you are going to have a hard time getting a hold of any body most people are going by the law staying home due to C19 airwire is closed Phoenix is closed most hobby stores are closed on less they are one person are closed.

now Revo yes I have heard of losing a link , but not being able to link did the TX say it was linking? The Canadian club has a nice set of instructions.

Richard

Pete,

I would agree with your evaluation except … The account response issue is near two weeks ago, before the lock down (to the best of my knowledge) and prior to any announcement of them being closed. I am working from home doing CAD across the internet. My email has not stopped working … either personal or business. Being as the contact email is a Yahoo account, that leads me to believe it is set that way so multiple people have access to, and can respond. I chose another system years ago when Aristo-Craft/Crest Electronics was doing similar. The ONLY reason I began this journey with Revolution was because there was already half a system installed.

I can understand that there will be no PHYSICAL business being conducted, but the virtual of correspondence is not crippled by COVID-19.

Bob C.

Richard - yes the TX said linking with the stream or arrows going left to right on the TX screen. I held that link switch and hand held for several MINUTES as the instructions said with no link. I have spoken to several fellow club members with Revo systems and they have never experienced what I have with this loco.

Hi Bob, it is frustrating when you cannot get answers.

My experience when this happens is to check the surface mount fuses. On the current production, there are two fuses. One under the board near the 12 pins and the second one under the heat-sink. Because you have power the first fuse is good. Can you test the second if there? If no continuity that might prevent the radio from linking. Either replace it or send it in to JK at Precision R/C, when they reopen.

Don

This is on the bottom, left corner of the “Contact Page” of their web site.

Contact info:
Precision RC
201-221-6766

Adam

Back in mid-2019, I was on the fence about Revo and Airwire. Took me about a week but I finally got a reply to my questions from Navin:

[email protected]
201-565-6069

Hi Bob, another thought.

You stated: Powered up the loco and the LED on the RX flashed fairly quickly. Held down the link switch and told the RX to link. The LED on the RX continued to blink (along with the headlight on the loco), but never went solid.

Just to clarify, you turn on your battery first, then you press the red link button until the red LED or headlight starts flashing. Let go!! Hold it for less than 6 seconds.

If you hold for more than 6 seconds you enter the programming mode. (It will not link). The flashes go slowly, then the red LED stays on, let go and you are in the programming mode.

Are you aware that you need to create a cab number after the linking for the transmitter to find the engine?

Don

Hi Bob

it does sound like your holding the button to long. hear is a link to some more tips look around Paul wrote the book. http://ovgrs.ca/the-trains/radio-control-train-engineer-systems/revolution-throttle-tips/

Thank you Don. I think you have hit on the issue. I was not releasing the link switch in the appropriate time frame. It is not clear in the Revolution manual on that specific time frame. I will give it another try later this afternoon and let you know how that works out.

A huge thank you to Don Sweet. He hit the nail on the head with just a small clarification of the Revolution manual. Linked in less than 2 seconds when you have the correct procedure.

Bob Cope said:

A huge thank you to Don Sweet. He hit the nail on the head with just a small clarification of the Revolution manual. Linked in less than 2 seconds when you have the correct procedure.

I have not bought anything from Don, but he has been ever so helpful every time I ask him a question. A true Good Guy!

Hi Bob glad the linking worked.

As for Bruce, I can think of some stuff that you might need!!

Everyone enjoy running your trains. Because someday soon we can run together.

Don

Don Sweet said:

As for Bruce, I can think of some stuff that you might need!!

Me too !!

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Bruce Chandler said:

Bob Cope said:

I have not bought anything from Don, but he has been ever so helpful every time I ask him a question. A true Good Guy!

I have his ph# on speed dial…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I’ll second (or third, or fourth) the endorsement (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)Don is one of the good guys. I have been buying MTO Batteries from him and have been very happy with them. Probably time for one more so I can always have a spare fully charged.