Large Scale Central

testing water tower photos

1. I go to My freight shad

2. Choose photo. I chose IMG_2818.JPG from my album on my Mac

3. I hit upload and got a promo that it successfully uploaded.

4. I click it to get the source to post it and LSC has changed the title to: A5CED206-D92A-4981-A7F9-ABC6C9C9EA42_1_201_a.jpeg.

And says “this document is not supported to be previewed”

No someone explain this to me please!

I changed the name the photo to: pumphouse1.jpeg and still get the same results.

This time LSC kept the name "pumphouse1.jpeg but still says it isn’t supported.

John:

I have a mac. Can you email the photo to me so I can see what’s up? jim.rowson at gmail dot com

Just sent it, Jim

Seems to work for me… I did exactly the steps you did… btw: this is a reasonably large image. you might want to make it smaller. the suggested size is 800 wide…

Still doesn’t work for me.

I resize the image to 800 before I insert it.

I have tried everything. I turned off Ghostery, thinking that might be the cause. nothing changed.

I have disabled AdBlock on this site.

I’m done with it.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Btw if you ever get back to this: you need to resize before you upload. If not then everyone still has to end up downloading the full size image and then the browser makes it appear 800 pixels wide…

good luck!

Maybe that’s the problem. I’ll try it. Never needed to before.

Just resized it and tried again.

No joy…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

LSC Doesn’t like the format.

And yet it worked for me. The exact same jpg. So there’s something that you are doing differently than me that we haven’t quite sussed out yet (or maybe ever). Oh well…

John got this from your freight shed.

Mick

Mick, it won’t let me open it.

Jim, What browser are you using on your Mac? I’m using Safari and Catalina OS.

test

I just loaded this from my Desktop on the Mac to My Albums on LSC (Not freight shed).

When I went to my Album, I saw my tower pictures in there. The same ones I loaded to my Freight shed. I did not put them in my Albums.

LSC did.

It looks like I can use my Albums here on LSC, but NOT my freight shed.

This is what I get if I try to post a pic from Freight Sheds.

When I post a pic from my Albums, it works.

fyi: I’m using Chrome… this is just weird, John!

John Bouck said:

1. I go to My freight shad

2. Choose photo. I chose IMG_2818.JPG from my album on my Mac

3. I hit upload and got a promo that it successfully uploaded.

4. I click it to get the source to post it and LSC has changed the title to: A5CED206-D92A-4981-A7F9-ABC6C9C9EA42_1_201_a.jpeg.

And says “this document is not supported to be previewed”

No someone explain this to me please!

Well, one explanation might be that you don’t describe the same steps that I take to load photos into my Freightshed.

Your #2 and #3 are reversed - I go to Freightsheds and click “Manage my Folders”. Then I click through the list(s) to get to my current folder " Misc 2020 Jan-Apr "

Then I click “Upload File” and “Browse” to find the file I want to upload. Only when the filename is shown do I click “Start Upload”. When it finishes I get a box saying “1 File Successfully Uploaded” which I acknowledge and it shows the full list of files with the new one at the bottom.

Are you really choosing the photo before you have an Upload prompt?

I click on the file name and I get to view the pic at full browser window size. Right-click and select “Copy Image Location” to put the URL in the clipboard and then I can go to my thread/post and paste the URL into the “Image” prompt box.

The other thing that I notice is the first peculiar filename you saw is a Facebook generated name. How did Facebook get into this? Did you load it in Facebook first?