Large Scale Central

New soundcard for Galloping Geese and other railbuses

MyLocoSound has introduced a new gas railbus soundcard for large scale railways. Like the universal steam, diesel, tram, streetcar and electric soundcards, it is highly adjustable to suit Galloping Geese plus a wide variety of US, European and other railbuses. It retains the installation simplicity of screw terminals and also the same low price. However the quality and variety of sounds has been achieved by recording and synthesising the prototypes.

There is a choice of six horns, four from Galloping Geese plus a Klaxon and one other. For American vehicles, a bell and the call of “All aboard” is provided. A brake squeal can be selected to sound as the vehicle comes to a halt. A selection of five gas engine sounds are provided which vary in volume and speed depending on the vehicle motion and the user’s settings. Nice clunky gear changes can occur under user control or can be set to occur automatically at selected speeds.

The soundcard is ideal for gas powered rail buses. The most common examples of these are the “Galloping Geese”. Large scale models of these are or were made by Accucraft, Bachmann, Aristocraft and Hartland. Elsewhere there appear to be quite a few of these around plus railbuses made by LGB and kits by IP Engineering.

Further information is now on our web site at www.mylocosound.com.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Can it do door slam, engine start, and delayed start-up like a Phoenix?

Note that this is all done automatically with no user intervention. You can even see the engine shake when the operator opens the door.

I have resisted sound cards for lots of reasons. However for under $100 it just might tempt me to try it on my Bachmann rail truck as I already have a RailBoss installed.

"Can it do door slam, engine start, and delayed start-up like a Phoenix?

Note that this is all done automatically with no user intervention. You can even see the engine shake when the operator opens the door."

Todd,

We don’t have a door slam but we do have an engine start and delayed start up. Sounds can be triggered by radio control (Mark - your Railboss will trigger four different sounds including engine start and shut down). On track power you can set sounds to be triggered by track magnets or to occur automatically.

Our soundcards retail for US$79. We believe that it is important to give customers choices and to make it very easy to select those choices. Therefore we include several horn and engine options plus bell sequences and other optional sounds. All of these are selected with a TV remote control so that, if you can work your home TV then you can program our soundcards.

Regards

Peter Lucas

MyLocoSound

Todd, a Phoenix is beyond my price range, but the MyLocoSound is within my price range. You are aski8ng if a soundboard that is affordable, has the features of one that costs more then twice as much. Is that even a fair question??