Large Scale Central

C.V.S.Ry. Steam-N-Snow 2020

Yesterday we had a nice little early spring snow storm. Since I’m home, thanks to coronavirus, I saw this as a great opportunity to fire up my live steam Shay for the first time in probably 5 years. I worked diligently over the weekend to ready all the track and ran the Shay light once around late Sunday to test it.

Yesterday morning I readied my camera car and set out to film the Shay from front and back as it traversed the layout. I’m deep into the editing process for a video that will be posted to the railroad’s Facebook page Redirecting... which is available to view without creating a Facebook account.

I took very few still photos, but here are some of the highlights and an out-take reel from the video…

The video is hosted on Facebook, and is public, but I think the only way I can present it here is via link, so here it is: Redirecting...

Trying embed again.

The edited video is done (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I really need to get a better editor, I kind of gave up on this one (Movie Maker).

Vegas Movie Studio

Ralph turned me on to this one.

I’ve been happy with it.

Jon, that link gives you the most expensive version, they do have less expensive ones.

Ken Brunt said:

Jon, that link gives you the most expensive version, they do have less expensive ones.

Thanks. Based on a recommendation from my son, who took college classes in video design & production, I have downloaded the free version of DaVinci Resolve. It has some high-end audio tools which is really what I am looking for as a feature. Better yet, it does collaborative projects and since he is stuck home and unemployed, thanks to Lyft being a horrible company, he and I are going to work up some professional looking videos for the C.V.S.Ry. website and Facebook page.

Okie dokie.