Large Scale Central

Wiring help

Anyone know how to solve this wiring issue?

You would need to wire it like a reversing loop from the lower switch on the right.

DC or DCC?

Is there more track to the left?

Greg

Yes more track to left and dc

If there is more track to the left, and it does not cause a “reversing loop” situation, then the goal is to not reverse the entire mainline to the left.

Therefore the part of track that reverses needs to be constrained to this end.

One way to do it would be put insulators between each switch in the crossovers, i.e. where you show the breaks beween the 2 switches as the crossover goes from one side to the other.

Now you need one additional insulator, at either end of the balloon track, putting the autoreverser in the balloon will make it work

BUT!!

You will wind up reversing the mainline too whenever you take the crossover. Is this ok?

Greg

Iain Collingwood said:

Hi Ian, just another option….Go radio control with Battery power. Eliminates most of your wiring headaches. Tony Walsham from Australia would be the closest contact.

Don

Geeze Don…

“how do I fix my flat tire?”

Buy a different car…

Bad form…

Don’t complain if I come on a thread about what R/C system to install and suggest track power.

Greg

Greg, leave it alone. All he did was suggest another option.

boys, here we go again

Joe Zullo said:

Iain Collingwood said:

Iain,

Not a definitive answer to your query but the only description on polarity that I could find quickly with a simple internet search .

Greg Elmassian said:

If there is more track to the left, and it does not cause a “reversing loop” situation, then the goal is to not reverse the entire mainline to the left.

Therefore the part of track that reverses needs to be constrained to this end.

One way to do it would be put insulators between each switch in the crossovers, i.e. where you show the breaks beween the 2 switches as the crossover goes from one side to the other.

Now you need one additional insulator, at either end of the balloon track, putting the autoreverser in the balloon will make it work

BUT!!

You will wind up reversing the mainline too whenever you take the crossover. Is this ok?

Greg

Hypothetically speaking …Instead of asking “if” it is “OK” perhaps ask “Does this make sense and work for YOU” ?

Ken, please read, no one asked to buy a new car because they have a flat tire. Another option that has nothing to do with the question or the thread. Inappropriate, especially for an advertiser. Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Geeze Don…

Buy a different car…

Bad form…

Don’t complain if I come on a thread about what R/C system to install and suggest track power.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Ken, please read, no one asked to buy a new car because they have a flat tire. Another option that has nothing to do with the question or the thread. Inappropriate, especially for an advertiser. Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Geeze Don…

Buy a different car…

Bad form…

Greg

Greg, you want a pissin contest, go somewhere else.

Better yet, take some of your own advice.