Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound
  • Topic: Airwire or RailPro

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 12, 2021 8:51 AM EST
      • west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Jon,  Thanks again for your input and for the RailPro users group forum info.  I did sign up to the forum and found it very helpful.  Definitely an asset to any RailPro user.  There were three posts offering possibilities for getting around the Mac-Windows incompatibility issue but they seemed sketchy especially with my computer illiteracy.  I had switched over to Mac from Windows based computers about 9 years ago after fighting with crashing hard drives and re-occuring virus issues.  I haven't had a single operational issue since with my Mac.  And I really like their "partnership" with our iPad and Apple cell phones.  However, I have had pretty much zero luck posting photos with it here on LSC and now with this RailPro incompatibility issue I may consider the acquisition of a simple Windows based PC for these purposes. 

I had considered calling Don Sweet directly to question him about this Mac issue but thought I would address this here on LSC to be able to share the info.  You were a great help.  But Don Sweet, if you are reading this, please jump in....as you always helpfully do.  You both are a great resource here.

• January 12, 2021 10:49 AM EST
      • Penacook, New Hampshire

• Thanks

Hi Mark, I know that Ring has a MAC version on his "to do" list...someday.

I bought a ACER Tablet PC running WIN 10. Super fast little guy. I use the RailPro USB simulator to demo the RailPro at shows, (remember going to shows). Bought it at Best Buy. They also have used laptops.

Also I just added two RailPro customers in Pittsburgh. They would like to meet others G scalers in the area.

Don

• January 12, 2021 11:40 AM EST
      • west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

• Thanks

Thanks Don.  I will look into that Acer Tablet PC.   It sure is nice to have you on speed dial here on LSC.  That means a lot.  I’ll be in touch, Mark

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google