Large Scale Central

Bachmann / Reading passinger coach

Good Morning Everyone :

I’m new to Large Scale Central and I’m hoping you guy’s can help me. I’m looking for a Bachmann passenger coach with the Reading road name. I was told Boscov’s department store whose home offices are in Reading Pa. had them made for them and they were only sold in their store. Bachmann didn’t even put them in their catalog. I have two and want that 3rd coach. I know it’s a long shot. Any info would be a big help.

Thank’s Bob

You are correct; it will be a long shot, but…

If you don’t locate one, you can easily have “Cedarleaf”, make up some decals for you. You can then just purchase a Bachman coach, and paint it in the appropriate colour, then apply the decals.

If you aren’t up to it; then just get someone to do it for you.

Fred Mills

Bob, you might want to post a craigslist add in that local. may end up getting a whole set to get the car you want. you can then peddle the excess here.

Al P.

I bought mine at a local hobby shop years ago. I didn’t know they were special.

Good luck.

Very special. Is that the engine that came with the set ?

Welcome Bob!

Cannot help with what you after but I am located in the Harrisburg area so I understand Bosocovs and cannot recall ever seeing them over the years.

Good luck with your search.

srmoment said:

Very special. Is that the engine that came with the set ?

Yes, the set is that engine and 2 cars, a combine and coach. I bought the third coach separately. That is always the first train of the season on the P&CS. If it can clear obstacles, then everything else I run should too.

Check out facebook marketplace (search: “G scale”). Somebody in Pottsville, Pennsylvania has a whole set plus a 3rd coach for $250.

Thank’s Rocky, I went all over facebook marketplace but had no luck. I’ll keep trying. Probably something I’m doing wrong. Thank’s again.

I found it Rocky , but it was the baggage car and I need the coach. Big thank’s anyway. Bob

Facebook can be kind of tricky sometimes. I’m not sure if this link will work. The set has all 3 cars, combine, coach, observation…plus locomotive and track.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795376577560146/?ref=browse_tab&search_query=G%20scale

Thank’s Rocky :

I found the site and thought we had a deal. We were figuring out a meeting point then he said he got 5 calls all of a sudden. I only want one coach so I’m not going to get into a bidding war. I really appreciate your help .

Thank’s

Bob

wow that sucks, working on a deal that far then he moves on. Got a name for this guy, once you have agreed on a price that should be it, no further dealing with others.

Rocky Canyonero said:

Facebook can be kind of tricky sometimes. I’m not sure if this link will work. The set has all 3 cars, combine, coach, observation…plus locomotive and track.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795376577560146/?ref=browse_tab&search_query=G%20scale

You are not joking about the “tricky”. Your link has the “m.facebook” prefix so it only works on a mobile phone when you are logged in to Facebook. Then there’s the problem that FB won’t show you something that is more than 100 miles from your location - guess you could keep re-trying with random zip codes!

Pete Lassen said:

wow that sucks, working on a deal that far then he moves on. Got a name for this guy, once you have agreed on a price that should be it, no further dealing with others.

If only…