Forums General Videos
  • Topic: Weekend steam on the W&Q

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 8, 2020 10:24 AM EDT
      • Mount Vernon, Missouri

• Thanks

The Snow plow was a REALLY awesome and hard work on your part, thanks for sharing

• June 8, 2020 11:04 AM EDT
      • Ormond Beach, Fl. 32174

• Thanks

Great as always

• June 8, 2020 8:16 PM EDT
      • Phippsburg, Maine

• Thanks

Thanks all for the kind words!  The track is in pretty good shape, since the first few weeks of lockdown when i spent some quality time outside.  It could use some more work yet but i have lots of projects:  new extention with long trestle, 1:20 scale coach for a freind, cutting some full scale trees which blew down, one oak i hope to saw for timbers for a full scale coach, typical lawn mowing and gardening, walks with the dog, a little kayaking and lately heading back to the museum for some full scale track work.

• June 10, 2020 8:22 PM EDT

•  
      • Thanks

Ric Golding said:

Great video!  Very impressed with the smoothness of your track.  I felt rough ness would have really shown up with the camera overlooking the coupling of the two flat cars. Thanks for sharing. 

This post has been reported to the moderator for improper spelin an gramar .......Ric said : ...NESS!

• June 11, 2020 9:06 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

• June 15, 2020 9:50 PM EDT
      • Phippsburg, Maine

• Thanks

Thaanks for the encouragment guys!  Ric,  I wish the track was smoother!

This post was edited by Eric Schade at June 15, 2020 9:51 PM EDT
    • June 29, 2020 7:09 AM EDT
      • Phippsburg, Maine

• Thanks

these are some home made and modified critter locomotives pulling scratch built cars. all are 7/8" to the foot scale.

The little rail bus started life as an Accucraft Dora. I added the plow and wooden cab. the passenger car was modified to be a trailer. it was completely scratch built.

the beast with a large flywheel is a Regner Vincent. I added my own scratch built flywheel and smoke stack. the flywheel was cut on my then new CNC milling machine. the smokestack is a piece of brass tubing with a lathe turned finial for fun.

The shop built loging loco was almost completely scratch built. It uses a Graham steam engine (motor) with a scratch built boiler and running gear. My son and I each built one one Christmas break for his school project. I added some detail stuff since.

The little tipper cars or skips were scratch built using plywood and thin metal along with some wire and purchased wheel sets. I wrote an article for Garden Railways Magazine about building them. the hopper and large wooden tip car were started by freinds. the hopper was in pieces and required some imagination to finish. the tip car was a gift. i did some modifications to make it more rugged for my railway.

the hand car is completely scratch built. the wheels were CNC machined, scavenged gears transmit power from a miniature gear motor powered by a 9v battery. this too was written up in Garden Railways.

the figures are mostly hand modeled Sculpy clay except for the hand car guy who was carved from maple wood.

This post was edited by Eric Schade at June 30, 2020 7:49 PM EDT
    • June 29, 2020 8:30 AM EDT
      • Southern Illinois

• Thanks

Eric,

Your videos are great entertainment.  Thank you for sharing.  Good job on the railroad and good job on the videos. 

Forums General Videos

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google