Large Scale Central

Prusa Offers a Printer For The Masses!

New Prusa Printer

Any experience with Prusa printers, Joe?

Joe, thanks for opening the topic and posting that link.

The price is fair, but other companies are stepping up to the plate as well. The POC kit (called Prusa, but wasn’t “Original Prusa”) I got a couple years ago cost $400, and I can’t get it to work. So I’m considering the Anycubic Mega I3 for $240 (~8.2" build cube) or Chiron (~16" build cube) for $500. Similar approaches as Prusa, seem to have good reviews. They seem to be far better products than the one I bought, at least.

Perhaps the “Original Prusa” is superior, but I wanted to share what I’m recently learning.

I have the Original Prusa Mark i3 2.5 (upgraded 2 to 3 features), and it’s awesome. The best upgrade the was flex steel bed plate. It makes removing prints soooo easy.

It has logged hundreds of hours, and I haven’t had a bad print for a long time.

Jim Rowson said:

Any experience with Prusa printers, Joe?

I have the i3 MK3 for about 18 months now. I bought the kit ($749) so I would get to know what makes it tick. After about a month the power supply quit. A chat to Prusa in Prague, Czech Republic, got me a new one in 3 days! Very good customer service.

I have been printing train stuff ever since. I have been experimenting with different types of filaments and made a tent to deal with the more difficult types of filaments. My son has several brands of printers including an i3 MK3S with the multiple spool filament feeder, and he is excited to get more than one mini! They also say they are working on a maxi version of the i3. It will be the i4.

Prusa quality is excellent.

I have no connection to the company except to be a satisfied customer.

Jim, I will echo what Eric and Joe said about Prusa 3D printers. I have the Prusa MK2.5S and love it. I’ve had it for about 3 years and have had no issues. I bought the kit and built the printer myself and it was quite easy to put together. As Joe mentioned, Prusa customer service is very good and there is a large support network available, including several here on LSC.