Large Scale Central

All you ever wanted to know about Aristo Heavyweights

Well, maybe not ha ha! (explanatory note for John C: this is not bragging, or look at me, it is an attempt to share 6 days of working with and learning and improving some Aristo Craft heavyweight passenger cars)

I’ve just completed some extensive learning, and a number of mods on Aristo heavyweight passenger cars.

Body mounts, improving the trucks both old and new versions, reducing friction, improving the suspension, lots of stuff.

This link takes you to the home page of NINE pages of information about these cars.

https://elmassian.com/index.php/large-scale-train-main-page/rolling-stock-mods-aamp-tips/aristo-rolling-stock/heavyweights

This is the “home” page, and at the bottom of the page there are links to 8 more pages, including several of Ted’s vignettes.

Spent 3 weekends making these buggers close coupled and running right on my nasty S curves, etc.

Update, as you read below, it’s clear certain people just want to give me crap no matter what, so if you wish access to this information, it is available to those who request it, I don’t need this “Mr Helpful” abuse, read below.

If anyone wants access, as I fear this is an unchecked trend, email me, and I will give you a login.

enjoy!

Greg

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

It’s very dark David, do you have pictures of the mod(s) or a description (other than the “so clean” commercial ha ha)

Thanks, Greg

Dark to hide the mods from a casual view(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

had to remove content, see first post

Greg Elmassian said:

OK, you have something we don’t… not to be rude, but why did you post? Are you offering the design to others?

I see you fixed one of the basic issues, putting the pivot in the middle of the truck.

Anyway, back to my post, I invite comments on the 9 pages I have linked to.

Greg

Greg,

I’m SUSPECTING he posted that video because he probably doesn’t care about the 9 pages you linked which invites comments. Perhaps he only shares his results on Large Scale Central ? However, it could be an illusion as to what the eye sees as well ?

This post has been edited by: ROOSTER

Greg Elmassian said:

OK, you have something we don’t… not to be rude, but why did you post? Are you offering the design to others?

I see you fixed one of the basic issues, putting the pivot in the middle of the truck.

Anyway, back to my post, I invite comments on the 9 pages I have linked to.

Greg

I don’t share with all and I build and modify for me. These work just as Aristo couplers work. You just need to solve the issues. Besides your title begged for my addition because it didn’t cover ALL you could want to know about these trucks. And apparently I solved two of the basic issues

Fine, link removed, sorry to have bothered everyone.

Rooster has angered the Villagers !

Greg Elmassian said:

Well, maybe not ha ha!

I’ve just completed some extensive learning, and a number of mods on Aristo heavyweight passenger cars.

Body mounts, improving the trucks both old and new versions, reducing friction, improving the suspension, lots of stuff.

This link takes you to the home page of NINE pages of information about these cars.

This is the home page, and at the bottom of the page there are links to 8 more pages, including several of Ted’s vignettes.

Spent the last 2 weekends making these buggers close coupled and running right on my nasty S curves, etc.

link removed, and pages hidden from the public courtesy of the reception, I don’t need this.

If anyone wants the info, email me.

enjoy!

Greg

Back to original poster

Why cant we all play nice?

dunno, maybe we don’t follow the only rule on the forum?

Sorry to have offended everyone in my poor attempt to be helpful and share some information I gleaned by working over the last 3 weekends on these buggers.

Greg

Jeebus, and here I was hoping to learn somethin‘

David Maynard said:

Why cant we all play nice?

'Ere, 'Ere. As we used to say Up North. A little humility in the posting might help - making it sound like a boast isn’t helpful.

The basic rub; Is Mr. Helpful putting results here at LSC or does he mine LSC for clicks on his pages?

Rooster seems to object to the re-directs to His Pages … and has said so many times.

Along the way Mr. Helpful decided it was his job to correct others and to tell us how to behave, which he doesn’t do so well.

On a side note; Mr. Helpful made a big hoopla about leaving another site, I never saw one public thread asking him to stay…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

I exed this out as it wasn’t entirely appropriate. My apologies.

Now aren’t we poking it with a stick?

John Caughey said:

The basic rub; Is Mr. Helpful putting results here at LSC or does he mine LSC for clicks on his pages?

Rooster seems to object to the re-directs to His Pages … and has said so many times.

Along the way Mr. Helpful decided it was his job to correct others and to tell us how to behave, which he doesn’t do so well.

On a side note; Mr. Helpful made a big hoopla about leaving another site, I never saw one public thread asking him to stay…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Well, you have confirmed a few things John…

First, if you have ever been to my website, you see there is no advertising, no trackers, no nothing except the site itself keeps tracks of hits on a page. This information goes nowhere…

So what possible motivation would “mining for clicks” be? Ego? And take this abuse? Are you so hardened in your outlook that a good, helpful person cannot exist?

So thanks for the negativity, which anyone without a chip on their shoulder could see I am not mining for clicks…

I direct people to my pages for several reasons:

1. When I refer to a link on my page, that is because I have a bunch of information, all written up nicely, and rather than retype it, a simple link is helpful.
  2. There are many other pages with related information, and you can explore these much easier that using search on LSC, most of my pages have a main page and sub pages, there are 9 sub pages for various facets on the heavyweights.
  3. Unlike forums, where a thread with helpful information often gets clogged with off topic responses, or even hateful ones (like yours), the pages can stay in order and coherent.

By the way, I received many emails about leaving, but not a thread on it, why? Because of jerks like you, many people were afraid to put their statements on the forum, especially when one of my harassers was a moderator.

… and just for you, for your 10 year tirade against me (I have the emails to prove it from 2009), The site is now offline to non-registered users. You indeed are the straw that broke the camel’s back, I have too many other fun things to do in life than endure this.

Now, now, children, let’s behave ourselves before Bob puts you all in the corner.

Greg Elmassian said:

Well, you have confirmed a few things John…

First, if you have ever been to my website, you see there is no advertising, no trackers, no nothing except the site itself keeps tracks of hits on a page. This information goes nowhere…