Forums Power and Sound Electronics
  • Topic: Crossing Signals Who Makes Them?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 26, 2019 10:11 AM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Crossing Signals Who Makes Them?

Okay, so I want some crossing signals.  The only problem, no one makes them any more.  South Bend is not doing anything anymore.

I emailed Z Stuff and they said they won't do them because of the standard gauge stuff that is available..

So what can I use for crossing signals and or gates.

Thanks

• August 26, 2019 1:07 PM EDT
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Indoors you can use balsa wood and to lift them perhaps a cheap airplane remote control to activate 90 degree servos or enlarge the arms of the standard gauge ones ...

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• August 26, 2019 4:58 PM EDT
      • Saint Helena, CALIFORNIA

• Thanks

You could peruse the results from a search such as the following.  Who knows, you might find what you are looking for!

g scale crossing signal

This post was edited by Mark Hadler at August 26, 2019 4:59 PM EDT
    • August 26, 2019 9:07 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Mark Hadler said:

You could peruse the results from a search such as the following.  Who knows, you might find what you are looking for!

g scale crossing signal

Yes, I know how to google, and no I didn't see any g scale results.  Just mth stuff.

Thanks though

• August 26, 2019 10:00 PM EDT
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

Hiya Steve, I still have two or three of them laying around new in their boxes, g-scale, they are Bachmann. They have the crossing, track, two lights and crossbars, wired, etc etc. I think I paid about $50 each for them, but I'd sell 'em to you for $30 each plus maybe ten bucks or something to cover the shipping.

If you don't want to pay for them, f**k it, I'll just send 'em to you.

edit: I forgot we're not supposed to use bad words.

This post was edited by John Passaro at August 27, 2019 7:04 PM EDT

• August 26, 2019 10:58 PM EDT
      • Scottsdale, Arizona

• Thanks

Reindeer Pass has a few South Bend Crossing signals left.  Look under South Bend Signal Company on the left in their website.  www.reindeerpass.com

• August 27, 2019 12:57 AM EDT
      • Saint Helena, CALIFORNIA

• Thanks

Hmm, I see more than just "mth stuff" on this ebay page from that search.

However since I don't know what scale or specific item you are looking for, perhaps I'm being a bit to expansive in my reading of the available items such as LGB and Bachmann.

• August 31, 2019 12:51 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

John Passaro said:

Hiya Steve, I still have two or three of them laying around new in their boxes, g-scale, they are Bachmann. They have the crossing, track, two lights and crossbars, wired, etc etc. I think I paid about $50 each for them, but I'd sell 'em to you for $30 each plus maybe ten bucks or something to cover the shipping.

Lol, you still have them?  Please let me know..

Thx Steve

• August 31, 2019 12:59 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Mark Hadler said:

Hmm, I see more than just "mth stuff" on this ebay page from that search.

However since I don't know what scale or specific item you are looking for, perhaps I'm being a bit to expansive in my reading of the available items such as LGB and Bachmann.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I do ebay all the time...  I'm looking for "realistic" crossing signals, either with or without gates, like south bend did.  I'm not into scale like most, I have a bit of everything, mostly Piko trains, and soon some USAT engines..  most buildings I have are Piko as well.. so I guess the majority would be 1/29..  but I have some LGB stuff as well, mainly PRR passenger cars..  I'm aware of the z stuff signals, and had bought the PRR 7 light position, but it didn't work, had to send it back, now I can't find a hobby shop that has them.

Thanks..

• August 31, 2019 1:03 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Colin Criswell said:

Reindeer Pass has a few South Bend Crossing signals left.  Look under South Bend Signal Company on the left in their website.  www.reindeerpass.com

Hi Colin,

I do business with them all the time in fact they are working on 2 USA trains GP9 right now for me..  adding dcc and sound.  I'll have to ask Mike if he has them in stock when they get back from the convention..

Thanks, I didn't even think about asking them what the had left.

Steve

• August 31, 2019 5:04 PM EDT
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

Steve said:
      John Passaro said:

Lol, you still have them?  Please let me know..

Thx Steve

Hiya, Steve, I still got 'em. Send me a message and call me or something.

edit: Just don't let David Russell get ahold of my email and phone number...I don't want to start getting spam and robo-calls from Amtrak.

This post was edited by John Passaro at August 31, 2019 6:26 PM EDT

• September 1, 2019 12:00 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Mark Hadler said:

g scale crossing signal

Steve, you said you did not see any g scale stuff.... I clicked this link and the first hit was ebay, and it has LGB and lifelike signals, as well as 1:29.. that is the FIRST HIT.

Second hit was walthers, and several G scale signals:  https://www.walthers.com/products/layout/signals-detection-units-signs/signal/scale/g-scale

Third hit was south bend signal stuff on reindeer pass: http://www.reindeerpass.com/southbendsignalcompany.aspx

I got tons of hits for just g scale signals, and several were indeed crossings....  if you did not get these results, I would ask, did you actually click Mark's link? If you did and did not get the same things, you have a computer issue.

I clicked mark's link and got exactly what you asked for.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• September 1, 2019 1:05 PM EDT
      • Denver, Colorado

• Thanks

They're kind of nifty, actually. When the train crosses it triggers something or other and the gate go down.

• September 1, 2019 5:29 PM EDT
      • Santa Ana, CA

• Thanks

If you can find them, this is what you want.  It's a VCS XG2000. 

This post was edited by Todd Brody at September 1, 2019 5:35 PM EDT
    • September 1, 2019 8:05 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Greg Elmassian said:
      Mark Hadler said:

g scale crossing signal

Steve, you said you did not see any g scale stuff.... I clicked this link and the first hit was ebay, and it has LGB and lifelike signals, as well as 1:29.. that is the FIRST HIT.

Second hit was walthers, and several G scale signals:  https://www.walthers.com/products/layout/signals-detection-units-signs/signal/scale/g-scale

Third hit was south bend signal stuff on reindeer pass: http://www.reindeerpass.com/southbendsignalcompany.aspx

I got tons of hits for just g scale signals, and several were indeed crossings....  if you did not get these results, I would ask, did you actually click Mark's link? If you did and did not get the same things, you have a computer issue.

I clicked mark's link and got exactly what you asked for.

Greg

Again, I said crossing Signals..  who makes them.  The above is toy like...  no lights.  I want operational stuff.  Reindeerpass has 1 southbend crossing signal left.. they are not being produced anymore, so why would I want it...  when the items you need to get it to work won't be available.  

So, I say this again. Who makes an operational crossing signal with alternating lights for g scale...

This post was edited by Steve at September 1, 2019 9:32 PM EDT
    • September 1, 2019 9:30 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Todd Brody said:

If you can find them, this is what you want.  It's a VCS XG2000. 

Yeah, I hear they aren't made any more been watching ebay though..

• September 2, 2019 3:55 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Steve said:

Okay, so I want some crossing signals.  The only problem, no one makes them any more.  South Bend is not doing anything anymore.

I emailed Z Stuff and they said they won't do them because of the standard gauge stuff that is available..

Thanks

Giving someone a hard time for trying to help.... hmmm... and also notice the lack of specifics here in the original post... sorry I bothered... (and that picture was not the only hit)

This post was edited by Greg Elmassian at September 2, 2019 3:56 PM EDT

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• September 2, 2019 4:55 PM EDT
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Steve said:

Thanks

Make your own...

https://www.dallee.com/Grade-Crossing-Flasher-Controller-367

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• September 2, 2019 10:02 PM EDT
      • PA

• Thanks

Greg Elmassian said:
      Steve said:

Thanks

Giving someone a hard time for trying to help.... hmmm... and also notice the lack of specifics here in the original post... sorry I bothered... (and that picture was not the only hit)

Not giving you a hard time Greg, just stating what I'm looking for and that there are none available, other than the Bachmann and German LGB.  All my searches brings up O scale stuff, or HO.

Steve

• September 3, 2019 12:22 AM EDT
      • Santa Ana, CA

• Thanks

We've come a long way since VCS.  I would suggest that you/someone find a small servo and 3D print a utility cabinet to mount it in and an arm assembly to mount to it.  They now have cheap servo controllers/testers and this would be a relatively easy project to persue.

Forums Power and Sound Electronics

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google