Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC
  • Topic: Cheap Airwire DCC Receiver

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 20, 2019 8:38 PM EDT
      • Charlottesville, Virginia

• Thanks

Cheap Airwire DCC Receiver

I've been playing with Airwire a bit in my spare time and I've come across a very cheap way to build an Airwire compatible receiver. It will drive any large scale DCC decoder using battery power. No programming, just hookup a few modules that you can get from Ebay and Amazon and it works.  All together it costs about $30 (without the decoder obviously)  It does require a bit of soldering and a voltmeter but it's pretty easy.  If you are interested, I've put together a set of instructions with links where you can get the modules. You can find it at the below link:

Airwire Receiver

• July 20, 2019 10:47 PM EDT
      • Be Nice

• Thanks

Nice one Martin! Should help people who are AirWire and don't want to pay $130 for the AirWire CONVRTR and can live with the original 8 frequencies, saving $100 per loco.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google